PPA urges government to allow cycling under strict lock down conditions

News bot

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just....dumb. I'm embarrassed for them. 

It reeks of entitlement and i'm not sure it is the best idea putting info like this out there.

Crap like this contributes to the reasons why non-cyclists 'vigorously dislike' cyclist.

Some interesting, if not agressive, feedback .....

Would like to hear how others would have worded their representation .... bearing in mind some will try to oppose this, and that the proposal needs to stand up to scrutiny.  Such scrutiny WILL focus on the potential risks of spreading the virus !  "limited range" and "limited exposure" was always going to be part of the process.

The PPA suggestions seem fairly similar to rules in place elsewhere, such as the UK. I could work with these, though to be honest I'll probably stay on Zwift/Rouvy for a bit longer, to be extra sure my wife is safe.

Arg tog. Could they not just let the Gov come with some proposal? Now PPA want to suggest rules?

What difference would 1 or 2 or 3 hours riding make ?

Is the virus only going for people riding longer than 2 hours? Eish PPA.

from what i understand CSA & ASA have been working from day 1 of the lockdown through SASCOC to the Minister of Sport requesting relaxing the restrictions for their members nationally. so far no relaxing iow stay at home. lets see what the sports minister comes up with for the 1st May

The Pedal Power Association, South Africa’s leading cycling organisation supports Government’s call to South Africans to adhere to strict regulations as we head for a level 4 lockdown phase, effective 01 May 2020.

Click here to view the article

LOL and the gov is going to allow exercise without these conditions. Ask for 2hrs they give you 1.

Idiots.

Its not restricted in other countries like Australia and NZ or the UK as long as social distancing is respected.

Some interesting, if not agressive, feedback .....

Would like to hear how others would have worded their representation .... bearing in mind some will try to oppose this, and that the proposal needs to stand up to scrutiny.  Such scrutiny WILL focus on the potential risks of spreading the virus !  "limited range" and "limited exposure" was always going to be part of the process.

The list indicate where riding would make sense if it was a hard lockdown.

Arg tog. Could they not just let the Gov come with some proposal? Now PPA want to suggest rules?

The government.

Is this the same government that's been robbing us blind and destroying every single thing they come into contact with? That government? 

Thanks but I'd rather have the PPA put forward suggestions.

Only comment - I wish it could be 30km (point 4) - that's about 2 hours out and back (also get me to Cape Point and back 58km from my house). Point 3 I am sure many people would prefer 3 hours - I hardly ever ride more than 2 hours. Finally should PPA make suggestion or just leave it as exercise suggested by the president, let it be - and see if the President come up with restriction? That's a question!

Seems I posted the PPA article under "Coronavirus and training outdoors"at the same time Press office post it in this new thread! Are they watching me?

Edited by Icycling

LOL and the gov is going to allow exercise without these conditions. Ask for 2hrs they give you 1.

Idiots.

Its not restricted in other countries like Australia and NZ or the UK as long as social distancing is respected.

UK is one hour and Aus is " in your neighborhood "