PPA urges government to allow cycling under strict lock down conditions

News bot

hahahaha okes think they are going to be shredding trails..... 

Look, level 4 is essentially still 'high alert' lock down with some important industries going back in a very controlled manner.

Our daily case  numbers are spiking higher than they have been, so covid19 is still peaking.

Some context in the discussion might be needed just to recentre?

The whole idea behind this is to deal with the pandemic, not to keep us from doing what we want. The government isn't out on a personal vendetta against anyone. They are dealing with a situation that has never before been dealt with. 

Training for anything isn't in their top 500 concerns right now. I'm exhausted trying to figure out what to do with my staff and roll over business etc.... Imagine trying to make the decisions that influence 55 million people?

Before you say 'I get that but...' just think about it 1st. So few people on here have said 'I will be happy with what we get'... Instead it's 'That doesn't suit me, I want more, I will need to drive' etc... Which would likely immediately put you in breech of what is allowed.

The best thing we can do is to wait for the gazetted guidelines and rules and stick to them. 

Personally I can't see them allowing the middle class to suddenly hop on their bikes and saunter around. We are notoriously bad at sticking to the laws and this would just be a nightmare to police.... I am hoping, but expecting very very little 

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Futile./..if you read the draft document it is clear that there will probably be no cycling before L3 anyway.

PS. I say this because cycling is only mentioned by name at L3 - table R/ point 10 - Page 14

ill just quote myself again. see post for link. cycling only level 3

and as mentioned....you'll probably only be allowed to walk your dog around the block for now.

Edited by morneS555

Look, level 4 is essentially still 'high alert' lock down with some important industries going back in a very controlled manner.

Our daily case  numbers are spiking higher than they have been, so covid19 is still peaking.

The whole idea behind this is to deal with the pandemic, not to keep us from doing what we want. The government isn't out on a personal vendetta against anyone. They are dealing with a situation that has never before been dealt with. 

Training for anything isn't in their top 500 concerns right now. I'm exhausted trying to figure out what to do with my staff and roll over business etc.... Imagine trying to make the decisions that influence 55 million people?

Before you say 'I get that but...' just think about it 1st. So few people on here have said 'I will be happy with what we get'... Instead it's 'That doesn't suit me, I want more, I will need to drive' etc... Which would likely immediately put you in breech of what is allowed.

The best thing we can do is to wait for the gazetted guidelines and rules and stick to them. 

Personally I can't see them allowing the middle class to suddenly hop on their bikes and saunter around. We are notoriously bad at sticking to the laws and this would just be a nightmare to police.... I am hoping, but expecting very very little 

^^this

Our daily case numbers are spiking higher than they have been, so covid19 is still peaking.

I joined the Hub in 2004 and this is quite possibly the most profound post in 16 years.

It could not have summed up our situation and my thoughts better.

Thank you, and good luck.

Edited by eddy

For those who want to have their say on cycling (probably dog walking / jogging etc as well). Here the email address: lockdowncomments@cogta.gov.za. Comment must be in by 12:00, on Monday 27 April 2020.

JGS - is an attorney

94613729_10157940900415310_1115626976430

94257625_10157936546795310_4404217837942

Edited by Icycling

I suspect level 4 you will be able to walk the dog or go for a walk and nothing strenuous that could affect the immune system. The document issued yesterday clearly states jogging and cycling only at level 3

Norrafok. They have aleady forced me out of work and effectivly placed me under house arrest. They are not going to decide how my immune system is going to be treated. But..... then again, they probably are and I am going to obey them.

How much longer are we going to allow these Buffoons to tear away our freedoms.  Dont give me this flattening the curve bolloks.  We have given over our hard faught freedoms to people who couldnt manage a tuck shop at a school sports day.   Seriously there comes a time when enough is enough.  We now live in a police state at the mercy of ill trained and incompetent power hungry Cops and soldiers.  To deploy the army against your own population is actually treason.  We are allowing this Govt  to have complete control over where we can move, what we must wear, what we can eat etc.

This virus is out  there and cannot be stopped.  Its like trying to stop the wind.  Whats the point of shutting an economy down when 90% of the population cannot through no fault of there own keep isolated or distanced at all.  So in reality there has been no lockdown and this virus has still not killed any people.

When are people going to actually realise that we elect the Govt and they work for us and for our best interest, and this excuse to completely steamroll our rights is illegal and unconstitutional.  

Hey everyone, instead of ruminating on our preconceived (often preposterous) notions of what should or shouldn't happen, let's rather contact the government with our public commentary directly. There's an air of blind obedience to enforce a draconian and authoritarian regime on citizens, based on the systematic and coordinated ideological construct purveyed by the world's media. The concept of lockdown flies in the face of a longterm solution, as it aims to delay, rather than to allow infection to spread and create rudimentary immunity in the population. That aside, I don't feel entitled or spoilt or detached from the suffering of my fellow humans by demanding my basic right to exercise. Yes, there's people in the township that don't have food. That has and always will be the case. It didn't stop any of the righteous social justice warriors on here from riding their bikes before did it? No. So it poses no barrier to my strong opinion that the ability to exercise outside of one's home while following fair regulations and common sense, should absolutely be allowed.

Edited by KirJOL

How much longer are we going to allow these Buffoons to tear away our freedoms. Dont give me this flattening the curve bolloks. We have given over our hard faught freedoms to people who couldnt manage a tuck shop at a school sports day. Seriously there comes a time when enough is enough. We now live in a police state at the mercy of ill trained and incompetent power hungry Cops and soldiers. To deploy the army against your own population is actually treason. We are allowing this Govt to have complete control over where we can move, what we must wear, what we can eat etc.

This virus is out there and cannot be stopped. Its like trying to stop the wind. Whats the point of shutting an economy down when 90% of the population cannot through no fault of there own keep isolated or distanced at all. So in reality there has been no lockdown and this virus has still not killed any people.

When are people going to actually realise that we elect the Govt and they work for us and for our best interest, and this excuse to completely steamroll our rights is illegal and unconstitutional.

I couldn't agree more, furthermore i don't believe that this so called Covid 19 virus exists. All of this is just a sneaky plot of the government to financially and socially drag us to the ground. This is all just a massive conspiracy theory to hide the fact the government is actually busy taken control of every aspect of our lives. This must be true because I even saw a post of their evil plan on Facebook.

I couldn't agree more, furthermore i don't believe that this so called Covid 19 virus exists. All of this is just a sneaky plot of the government to financially and socially drag us to the ground. This is all just a massive conspiracy theory to hide the fact the government is actually busy taken control of every aspect of our lives. This must be true because I even saw a post of their evil plan on Facebook.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  you used such a tiny worm, even the smallest fish can see the hook!!!! BWAHAHAHA

Spot on.

Haha nice effort ..... Facebook was overkill