PPA urges government to allow cycling under strict lock down conditions

News bot

agreed 200%! do any of these government plebs even have any idea about exercise and health, even the minister of health(obese) , had someone right next to her, touching her face, helping her remove her mask. LET ALONE SPEAK ENGLISH PROPERLY... Im with #PPA

The government.

Is this the same government that's been robbing us blind and destroying every single thing they come into contact with? That government?

Thanks but I'd rather have the PPA put forward suggestions.

"LET ALONE SPEAK ENGLISH PROPERLY" like that's ever a measure of someones intellect right??

Short in stature, short of understanding ?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you mean this clown who doesn't even know what smoke he is blowing out his arse?

The guy that's not even a Medical Doctor but claims to be one?

https://theprepared.com/blog/dr-ericksons-viral-covid-19-briefing-video-is-dangerously-wrong/

lets see if he's a clown or not. There are people in the medical field that are very interested in the data they have.

lastly, do you think they will put they whole clinic at risk and all the jobs that go with it if they don't  trust  their data.

Time will tell. keep an open mind

If I can use an analogy,

Lockdown is like medicine being used to treat an illness, however too much medicine could be detrimental to the body. At which point does the doctor realise that the medicine can do more harm than good.

At the beginning of lockdown I was more concerned about when will I get to ride Tokai again for my own selfish reasons.

However as time goes by, I became less concerned about riding again and you are more concerned for the wellbeing of this country.

I have now witnessed first-hand, friends, family and colleagues suffering economically (i.e wondering how they going to pay bills, buy food etc).

I have also read and witnessed the heart breaking stories of the working class and those in townships and the impoverished majority of this country and you realise how fortunate we are for the ‘easy’ life we have been granted and we should be thankful for our blessings.

In no way should we judge those breaking lockdown rules seeking to feed their family.

In my opinion, this continued strict Lockdown will do more harm to the country than good. The difference between lvl5 and lvl4 is not that big and we should be opening up further.

We havent been given any indication of how long level 4 is intended to last and then the government threatens us with yoyoing between lvl5 and lvl4 if things don’t work out.

I am not saying open up everything and go back to the way it was but at this stage lvl3 is probably a more reasonable level

I maintain, you cant keep a country in lockdown until a vaccine is created (which some estimate will only happen towards the end of 2021) , and you wont be able to stop the spread.

The spread needs to be controlled and managed to ensure that our Health system is not overwhelmed and we can get to “Herd imunity” . As it is now, with our growing infections I am not sure our health system is being overwhelmed yet, so why not ease up a bit more

Also please remember, Lockdown was always meant to be temporary, not the status quo.

PS: If by whatever miracle PPA is successful, im not going to complain. Il be glad to be out on my bike even if they restricted us to a 2km radius

Def a change from when the lockdown started to now in terms of information available.

I dont like the fact that peoples constitutional rights can be taken away from a morning briefing session by one minister to the evening briefing by another with a silly hat .

I dont like that with more information being available that better decisions are made around our economy.

I dont like that my constitutional rights have been taken away as well as my freedom

for now, a non cyclist will make a call about what constitutes "safe" exercise....and they will be handed a list of things....and when they get to cycling...they will think about all the things that can go wrong and base their decision off of that. easy as that....not trying to be sensationalist, just stating how decisions will likely be made.  

Then they would no be making decisions that align with the recommendations of the WHO, are not interested in alternative transport other those were the infection risks are high and therefore are not considering human health aspects comprehensively

lets hope that the CSA/PPA/Dragon Sports/countless other contributors get heard. I'm concerned for bike sop owning pals, distributors, apparel manufacturers still converting to mask manufacture, and everyone else deemed "non-essential" ( i find this categorisation negatively discriminatory).

We don't kill a "pandemic" by killing the ability of the people to pay for the medical care they require to beat the "pandemic". This vicious circle has been cut off at the wrong end

clown claims backed up with an article written by an Artificial Intelligence Engineer  ;)

Rather trust a guy with a Ph.D in Bioinformatics and a background in Math and Biology than someone that dresses up in scrubs to look like a Doctor when said person is not a Medical Doctor at all.

Not like this guy is not gonna benefit from these findings.

But dont take my word for it, its not like there isnt loads of doctors already calling bull**** on these two clowns.

But then again, the guy is a nerd working in the AI field so it must be fake.

And I know that basic concepts like representative sample of the population and confirmation bias are really hard concepts, especially for these two really qualified "fake" doctors

Edited by Herman Francois Swart

lets hope that the CSA/PPA/Dragon Sports/countless other contributors get heard. I'm concerned for bike sop owning pals, distributors, apparel manufacturers still converting to mask manufacture, and everyone else deemed "non-essential" ( i find this categorisation negatively discriminatory).

We don't kill a "pandemic" by killing the ability of the people to pay for the medical care they require to beat the "pandemic". This vicious circle has been cut off at the wrong end

our freedom is taken away and wont be given back soon - welcome to the new "normal"

Strange how one's title vs occupation can confuse things and change people's perceptions. Titled Dr yet not in possession of a post-graduate doctorate degree. Courtesy titles. Vet doctors, chiropractor doctor, or Mr Surgeons. Doctorate signifying your qualification. Or like Basil Fawltey suggested...you're two doctors?!

Rather trust a guy with a Ph.D in Bioinformatics and a background in Math and Biology than someone that dresses up in scrubs to look like a Doctor when said person is not a Medical Doctor at all.

Not like this guy is not gonna benefit from these findings.

But dont take my word for it, its not like there isnt loads of doctors already calling bull**** on these two clowns.

But then again, the guy is a nerd working in the AI field so it must be fake.

And I know that basic concepts like representative sample of the population and confirmation bias are really hard concepts, especially for these two really qualified "fake" doctors

I would assume the final one would be a closely guarded secret until Thursday when we are addressed as 'my fellow South Africans'?

As best they can that is ... They wouldn't want us to be up in arms before the time, announce and make it law immediately I would imagine as with previous changes.

Personally I've made peace with it probably not happening so if it does, in whatever form, it'll be a welcome surprise [emoji41]

Thanks though for providing what you get and see!

I would assume the final one would be a closely guarded secret until Thursday when we are addressed as 'my fellow South Africans'?

As best they can that is ... They wouldn't want us to be up in arms before the time, announce and make it law immediately I would imagine as with previous changes.

Personally I've made peace with it probably not happening so if it does, in whatever form, it'll be a welcome surprise [emoji41]

Thanks though for providing what you get and see!

Yep, that's my thinking, too. 

This is not new though?

I'm living in hope this line "4. People can exercise under strict public health conditions, subject to directions, which will exclude organised activities, recreational facilities, and gyms" mean some improvement over Stage 5.

No, that part has been there since last week. It's just that we've been wondering what those "strict public health guidelines" will be.

EDIT: I say it's been there since last week, but I think they've spruced up the language a bit and added those exclusions to the sentence.  

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

My imagination or are we slowly losing grasp of the PPA-cycling focus of this thread and drifting back to a general COVID-19 dicussion from another thread? Thoughts?

Surprised it took so long ....  :ph34r: