New Places to ride MTB in and around Gauteng

AndrewPoluta

Hi Guys

Besides The Spruit, St Stithians, Thaba, Reitvlei, Kingkloof, Avianto, Cradle Moon,General Cradle, Northern Farms, Hennops, Modderforntein, Wolwespruit, Red barn, Rosemary Hill, Buffelsdrift and Van Gaalen, are there any hidden gems in and around Gauteng?

You did not mention Hobby Park. 
There are numerous routes to and back from Magaliesburg.

Are you only referring to bike parks?

Yes, hundred kilometers of trails around walkerville all the way to henly on klip

Thanks. Could I maybe join you for one of these rides when we are allowed to? or could you share GPX files? I did The Fast One earlier this year but haven't been further south..

There are trails from alberton through to vereeniging but best bring your passport to THE SOUTH.....

You did not mention Hobby Park. 

There are numerous routes to and back from Magaliesburg.

Are you only referring to bike parks?

Yes, I've never been to Hobby Park but had heard that it's not really worth while? I also didn't mention PWC because there isn't that much riding to be done there IMO..

Not referring to only bike parks but really don't enjoy the disappointment of say for example Melville Koppies West, looks great on Google Earth but is actually totally over grown and basically unrideable.

I've used Strava and routecheck heatmaps but they highlight what I already know. I'm really wanting to find new trails that won't appear on heatmaps. 

You can look up woesrand mtb on Facebook if you are on that platform. They often do rides out west, lots of trails, roads and tracks towards magalies

You can look up woesrand mtb on Facebook if you are on that platform. They often do rides out west, lots of trails, roads and tracks towards magalies

Will do, thanks!

There are trails from alberton through to vereeniging but best bring your passport to THE SOUTH.....

I'm happy to ride in the South. Am definitely going to venture towards Henley on Klip/Vereening, seems popular