DJI Mavic Air 2 - Just Released

Tankman

I love the quality of your vids, I cant wait to see what happens when you get the air2.

Shot, thanks man!  With income standing still, that might be a while :( 

At least this has given me time to practice getting more cinematic type shots!

And some crazy ideas for the Air2!  :whistling:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot, thanks man!  With income standing still, that might be a while :(

At least this has given me time to practice getting more cinematic type shots!

And some crazy ideas for the Air2!  :whistling:

Yeah look, over the last 2 months the budget I had for a drone has been eaten away to nothing. 

So its going to be a while before I get one, the air2 was what I was waiting for though, it ticks all of the boxes.

Range, reliability, good camera, obstacle avoidance and good software. It does all of those really well.

That's from a free royalty free site, they have 2 decent songs on there, I used one!

I was actually looking for sound effects and came across the site:

https://www.fesliyanstudios.com/

Just in case you not aware of the royalty free YouTube Audio Library that's also available online. 

https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music?nv=1

You have to go through and listen to a lot of tracks to try and find the little nuggets.

(or use the filter option top right)

@Slowbee this vid should give you some ideas on how the main 4 DJI drones handle wind. Its simulated with a leaf blower but its pretty telling.

@Tankman not sure if you have seen this one yet? Its got some really great detail and examples of the video/still quality.

I badly want one now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj1AooawQ5o

• 2 weeks later...

A quick question for you photo dudes.

In looking at mobile offices, I want to switch to a laptop. Small in size if possible (13 or 14 inch).

But what speed (size) would you  need to be able to process photos useing a desktop version of photoshop and lightroom and deep skystacker and video editing and run Microsoft office.

i7 or i9 ? 8g ram ?

Yes yes, I know you are all going to ask budget, but I dont know where to start.

(asked this on the photo thread, but thought I might as well put it here too)

A quick question for you photo dudes.

In looking at mobile offices, I want to switch to a laptop. Small in size if possible (13 or 14 inch).

But what speed (size) would you  need to be able to process photos useing a desktop version of photoshop and lightroom and deep skystacker and video editing and run Microsoft office.

i7 or i9 ? 8g ram ?

Yes yes, I know you are all going to ask budget, but I dont know where to start.

(asked this on the photo thread, but thought I might as well put it here too)

Coincidence!! - I am looking at a new (refurbished) laptop too.

i5, 16G RAM, 240 SSD all of this for abt R7k

Edited by Underachiever

Coincidence!! - I am looking at a new (refurbished) laptop too.

i5, 16G RAM, 240 SSD all of this for abt R7k

I an also in the market for one. But our work system recommends at least an i7....

I an also in the market for one. But our work system recommends at least an i7....

I'll probably do very simple vid editing - all just home use. so i5 might be ok.

Anyway, I am buying the laptop way before the drone,.. 

• 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, stefmeister said:

God I hate drones.

Imagine your ride being spoilt by one constantly buzzing past your head. 

Can I shoot it down?

1 hour ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Imagine your ride being spoilt by one constantly buzzing past your head. 

Can I shoot it down?

I fly and race FPV drones, and watching them film the guys at the World Cups even annoys me. How the organisers allow that blows my mind. It must be incredibly distracting for the riders having the sound of a swarm of wasps buzzing your head while trying to negotiate a gnarly section of track. The footage is awesome though

2 hours ago, StevieG said:

I fly and race FPV drones, and watching them film the guys at the World Cups even annoys me. How the organisers allow that blows my mind. It must be incredibly distracting for the riders having the sound of a swarm of wasps buzzing your head while trying to negotiate a gnarly section of track. The footage is awesome though

I cant handle that noise when riding, its as if its by my head. Last time the drone pilot told me I need to watch out as I can get cut by the blades. Thats when it went downhill with me questioning their right to flying it where they were and so close to people. 

I dunno, logic seems to expect people at times.

14 hours ago, Eddy Gordo said:

I cant handle that noise when riding, its as if its by my head. Last time the drone pilot told me I need to watch out as I can get cut by the blades. Thats when it went downhill with me questioning their right to flying it where they were and so close to people. 

I dunno, logic seems to expect people at times.

You're not allowed to fly so close to people without the proper qualifications, but it's also not the riders responsibility to watch out for the drone, it's the pilots duty to make sure to stay far enough away so the rider doesn't get hit. In saying that though, the whole draw to these things is the close proximity you can get to the subject you're filming, and getting quite a long stretch of the riders run, without having multiple cameras setup on course. But yes, completely agree on how distracting it could be.

• 1 year later...