Saddle clamp eating shorts

no calves

Hi

Anybody ever experienced their saddle clamp eating their shorts? lost 2 pairs now during lockdown.

Besides the lose weight in your inner thighs comments i am really wanting to hear if its only me and if there is a solution to this?

Perhaps a seatpost with a 1 bolt design?

Regards

I experienced it on the right side but i think its more to do with the seat collapsing...mine wears just below the chamois stitching. I changed my seat and it solved the issue.

I've seen many saddle clamps with the anodising polished off on the sides at the front. Either the saddle is too far back on the rails or the nose is too narrow for the shape of the clamp.

Or, as you say, you need to eat less pies.

never had this issue in 6 years of riding, and I started out at 106kg so weight didnt play a part.

enjoy the lockdown pies :w00t:

Can happen that saddle width/saddle position can leave a bit of the saddle clamp exposed.

This and any sharp bits on the clamp will eat shorts without you even noticing.

2 Assos bibs later, I finally put the puzzle pieces together. :(

Yip, also experienced it before. Bought n new frame with a different seat clamp, problem solved????????

Maybe everyone can post a pic of their new seat clamp or at least indicate which make it is?

My road bike did the same with the saddle all the way back as the front of the saddle is rather  narrow. Fitted slightly longer stem and moved saddle a bit forward to solve the issue. Won't be an option for everybody though as it affects  the fit. Tough one, hope you get it sorted.

I've seen many saddle clamps with the anodising polished off on the sides at the front. Either the saddle is too far back on the rails or the nose is too narrow for the shape of the clamp.

Or, as you say, you need to eat less pies.

never had this issue in 6 years of riding, and I started out at 106kg so weight didnt play a part.

enjoy the lockdown pies :w00t:

Hi

Anybody ever experienced their saddle clamp eating their shorts? lost 2 pairs now during lockdown.

Besides the lose weight in your inner thighs comments i am really wanting to hear if its only me and if there is a solution to this?

Perhaps a seatpost with a 1 bolt design?

Regards

Sorry to read about your shorts, but seriously now: where you guys getting all these pies you talk of?!?!?!?

I'd kill for a Shell Select sausage roll right now.

My road bike did the same with the saddle all the way back as the front of the saddle is rather  narrow. Fitted slightly longer stem and moved saddle a bit forward to solve the issue. Won't be an option for everybody though as it affects  the fit. Tough one, hope you get it sorted.

The problem with this solution, is that moving forward for me, also moves my knee too far forward over the pedal

Edited by Max Headroom

Yip, also experienced it before. Bought n new frame with a different seat clamp, problem solved????????

This. Just buy a new bike instead of bibs. Friday problem solved. As you were...

In my case it was one of these 2 bolt Sworks saddleclamps.

They got a bit roughed up around the edges.

The newer single bolt version works much better.

post-2688-0-41542000-1588349341_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thomo

I had the same issue recently, I also tore 2 pairs of Assos, turns out my saddle has moved back on the rails without me noticing. Did some adjustments back to the required distances and added some gorilla tape to the rails so I can see when / if this happens again. Bibs were patched  :)