Which editing software package would you recommend

Wic2

Yes, I did do a search but there are lots of apps/programs and reviews are confusing.

I want to do:

Go-Pro video editing -  insert photo’s, remarks, routes ext. into my videos, same with IPhone videos.  Add iPhone videos and photos into go-pro videos sometimes.

Then maybe from the same software package, do screen captures and edits from my computer and PDF file editing.

Adobe Premiere for example is good and I presume Light room as well.

But it seems you really have to study it/ be a pro to be able to use it.

I am looking for something that would be fairly easy to use although have enough functions, export file formats and so on, without having a degree in it.

Ice Cream APPS for example have Icecream Apps PRO: 6 in 1 sale which includes Screen Recorder, Ebook Reader, Slideshow Maker, PDF Converter, PDF Split & Merge, and Image Resizer.

Have no idea if this app company is worthwhile.

What I do not need is free software with huge limitations and constant advertisements and safety issues.

Any suggestions?

if you have a windows computer 

windows movie maker , very simple can create some truly amazing videos IF you know what you're doing 

Devinci resolve can also create potatoes if don't know what you're doing 

If on mac , use iMovie ( it's hands down the best free editing software in the world imo )

Windows Only: Movie Maker older version for basic stuff (you'll need a converter as it does not like the GoPro H254/H265 codec....), Sony Vegas Pro for more advanced

MAC only: iMovie on Mac for simple stuff, Final Cut Pro for more advanced stuff

WIN/MAC: Quik Desktop is a free GoPro package that will help but limited in what you can produce.

Adobe Premier Rush, basic but good, easy interface, Adobe Premier Pro for more flex, not so difficult to learn.

PS I have left Da Vinci Resolve out of this...there is a free version for MAC and WIN but I have found it almost impossible to master, it just seems so much more complicated to get the same result as the above...PS Free version does not have all the bells and whistles as expected there's a lot missing.

Hope this helps...

PPS: editing on your phone is a possibility but if you don't want to throw it out the window when you get frustrated because its slow, limited and jams up your phone memory, rather stick to desktop/laptop!

Edited by capediver

Doesn't GoPro have their own editing software? I used it some years ago and it was pretty simple to use, and free.

If you want to do some real work, Davinci Resolve for sure. I've actually cancelled my Adobe Premiere Pro subscription and will be moving over to Davinci.

if you have a windows computer 

windows movie maker , very simple can create some truly amazing videos IF you know what you're doing 

Devinci resolve can also create potatoes if don't know what you're doing 

If on mac , use iMovie ( it's hands down the best free editing software in the world imo )

Yup I use iMovie too, it works really well. Its not worth buying a mac for just that but its good if you have one.