Michael Murphy t/a Bike Parts, any experience?

ScottCM

Hey guys, 

Came across this ad for a smart trainer in the classifieds, 

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/indoor-trainers-and-accessories/402553/magene-t300-smart-indoor-trainer

Likest by Carol Van Heerden. Got a pro-forma which requires a 20% into a Capitec bank account but the company name is as per the heading:

Michael Murphy t/a Bike Parts

Does anyone has first hand experience with them? As I've been scammed once before i won't allow myself to go through it a 2nd time. 

Thanks

I would be VERY cautious, because a lot of scammers will use this opportunity to scam people in need of Idt's ect, and with a name like that, linked to a very famous person, do proper homework.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be VERY cautious, because a lot of scammers will use this opportunity to scam people in need of Idt's ect, and with a name like that, linked to a very famous person, do proper homework.

Hey guys, 

Came across this ad for a smart trainer in the classifieds, 

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/indoor-trainers-and-accessories/402553/magene-t300-smart-indoor-trainer

Likest by Carol Van Heerden. Got a pro-forma which requires a 20% into a Capitec bank account but the company name is as per the heading:

Michael Murphy t/a Bike Parts

Does anyone has first hand experience with them? As I've been scammed once before i won't allow myself to go through it a 2nd time. 

Thanks

Any update on this? Did you go ahead with the sale? I'm also in contact with Carol, and the pricing seems too good to be true. 

Hi there, yeah i've gone ahead with the deposit as i found out they supply The Bicycle Company in Centurion and spoke to the owner and he confirmed both Carol and Mike ride in his club so felt a little bit more at ease.