1May MTB exercise good to go...?

Bezuidenhoutizak

Hi everyone.

Don't know if all of you know this but Maroela Media just released a statement from the minister of health that we are allowed to ride between 06:00-09:00 in the morning not further than 5km away from home...can someone relate to this?...is this good news? ????

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys for not introducing myself...I'm Izak Bezuidenhout from Rustenburg. Started MTB January this year...love it all the way...We have a game reserve less than 10km from my doorstep and is MTB friendly...Kgaswane Nature Reserve. It also has a lot of challenges and routes...anyways hope to hear from you ☺

Hi yes it is true.

Kgaswane is lekker, did a 2 night hike there, awesome place. Must be a great MTB spot too. 

Sorry guys for not introducing myself...I'm Izak Bezuidenhout from Rustenburg. Started MTB January this year...love it all the way...We have a game reserve less than 10km from my doorstep and is MTB friendly...Kgaswane Nature Reserve. It also has a lot of challenges and routes...anyways hope to hear from you ☺

Our Nature Reserve is still closed due to Covid...just make sure the Nature Reserve in your area is also opening the 1st May.

Unless less than 10km is also less than 5km, why would you?

If it was 8.5km radius, I'd be VERY happy but I suppose one should take what we've got rather than what we want?

Amped to get riding again, can at least get to Southies at a stretch.

Just to clarify, do we need to wear a face mask while cycling as well? If we have to, a buff will probably be the best bet?

Amped to get riding again, can at least get to Southies at a stretch.

Just to clarify, do we need to wear a face mask while cycling as well? If we have to, a buff will probably be the best bet?

Either way, it will be solid altitude training with the facemask/buff

Yes trails will still be closed but at least we can go ride! If everyone keeps to the rules I am sure in level 3 where it said cycling it will allow more.

Therein lies the problem - there is a reason parts of Durban will remain on level 5 from tomorrow (people haven't been following the lockdown rules, allowing the virus to spread).

I'm pretty sure all Sanparks facilities are closed still. So if you do go ride expect a broken arm.

Does that include the greenbelt?

However i suppose that would be like peak hour with dogs and humans and plenty of doggy landmines that some owners seem to be allergic to picking up.