Scott Spark 930 or Specialized Epic Comp Evo...?

Stephan

I am torn between these two as a dual-purpose Trail / XC bike.  Both good. Scott may have the edge on technical trails, Specialized maybe faster on XC…?  Anyone with experience and / or advice?

Also depends on the price you get the bikes for, Spez has some crazy specials on currently which may sway you that way, maybe not. Both are great bikes.

Pyga Stage

Scott

Tried Pyga. They did not get back to me.  But the bikes is very impressive

Also depends on the price you get the bikes for, Spez has some crazy specials on currently which may sway you that way, maybe not. Both are great bikes

Yip. both on special.  +/- same price.  This is probably the only time I will be able to afford them.  Slightly worried about the brain on the Spez and the possibility of something going wrong / maintenance costs.

Yip. both on special. +/- same price. This is probably the only time I will be able to afford them. Slightly worried about the brain on the Spez and the possibility of something going wrong / maintenance costs.

Yip. both on special. +/- same price. This is probably the only time I will be able to afford them. Slightly worried about the brain on the Spez and the possibility of something going wrong / maintenance costs.

Phone Barry Crous(sales) direct 0833816658

I have an Epic Evo and love it. Climbs like a mountain goat, but is perfectly capable on the sorts of trails I ride, which is pretty much all our Cape Town northern suburbs trails, outside of the specific downhill runs. And the bike might be able to handle those; the problem is that I can't! Servicing the brain shock is no more expensive than servicing the non-brain shock on my other bike. 
post-9952-0-86532800-1588333584_thumb.jpg

I have an Epic Evo and love it. Climbs like a mountain goat, but is perfectly capable on the sorts of trails I ride, which is pretty much all our Cape Town northern suburbs trails, outside of the specific downhill runs. And the bike might be able to handle those; the problem is that I can't! Servicing the brain shock is no more expensive than servicing the non-brain shock on my other bike. 

attachicon.gifbike.jpg

Great bike for sure!  Out of interest, is it the Epic comp evo or epic expert evo?  And the travel on the back shock, 100 mm?

Great bike for sure!  Out of interest, is it the Epic comp evo or epic expert evo?  And the travel on the back shock, 100 mm?

Epic Expert Evo; 100mm travel at the back; 120mm fork.

I find that the brain service is cheaper and faster. Let me explain. They simply swap it out for you, you don’t get the same one back, so turnaround is less than a week I’m my experience. I once had one fail (I left it too long between services), it didn’t cost me any extra.

When that happened on my RockShox fork the service cost me a small fortune.

Edited by Knersboy