Where to buy affordable winter kit?

Mike89

Hi, can you please share some websites/shops where you purchased some "good-value-for-money" affordable winter kit?

Long sleeve jerseys?

Jackets?

Gillets?

Any recommendations will be good, thanks in advance.

Will be a bonus if they can deliver during lockdown :)

Cheers

I saw both Castelli SA and Sportful SA have 50% discount on their apparel. Info on their Insta pages. I have 1x Sportful thermal jersey and its decent in the cold. Cant comment on the rest.

First Ascent offer some decent quality kit at good prices.  Think Sportsman's Warehouse has a 25% off sale at the moment and they stock First Ascent among others..

When it comes to rain jackets for riding in, I prioritise fit over affordability. So I have a Salomon Gilet (Sani2C,) Craft Gilet and Jackets from First Ascent, Craft and Kway. The Craft Gilet and Jackets are my faves. By far.

But when it comes to tops for riding in, I'm not that picky. My favourite LS and base layers are both First Ascent shirts that I got on sale, but the Mr Price sports LS running tops are a close second.

+1 For Decathlon. I don't have a huge frame of reference but their arm and leg warmers and blue rain jacket kept me nice and toasty during last year's Transbaviaans. Pretty sure temps dropped to low single digits in the 02:00 in the morning region so they have been well tested.