Best Face Mask

paarlmtb

As per Topic what in your opinion is the best face mask currently available to use whilst riding?

Please use other topics to discuss the merits of wearing a face mask, this one is solely for those who have decided to wear one . :offtopic:

I have ordered from https://iamactive.co.za/

post-2028-0-91460200-1588489456_thumb.jpg

This from the pic looks like a snug fit.

and https://emask.co.za/product/black-pollution-mask/.

post-2028-0-04138000-1588489478_thumb.jpg

Like the idea of the exhalation valve, will hopefully make it easier to breathe!

Caveat:  emask website has no info on who the owners are and only contact detail is an email address so buyer beware

I would have tried the Ciovita mask but their website is showing out of stock.

I have used a buff as a mask but am looking for a better solution.

Edited by paarlmtb

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As per Topic what in your opinion is the best face mask currently available to use whilst riding?

Please use other topics to discuss the merits of wearing a face mask, this one is solely for those who have decided to wear one . :offtopic:

I have ordered from https://iamactive.co.za/

attachicon.gifactive.jpg

This from the pic looks like a snug fit.

and https://emask.co.za/product/black-pollution-mask/.

attachicon.gifemask02.jpg

Like the idea of the exhalation valve, will hopefully make it easier to breathe!

I would have tried the Ciovita mask but their website is showing out of stock.

I have used a buff as a mask but am looking for a better solution.

Buff is good man...whats reason for better option because you cycle to and from home....no stops.

Current mask fogs up my spectacles. It fits snugly; just not flush against the base of the bridge of my nose which creates a perfect vent for warm air to flow on to the lenses when not on a bike i.e. in a shop. Ordered Ciovita and am waiting for delivery.

Buff is good man...whats reason for better option because you cycle to and from home....no stops.

Struggle to get enough oxygen into the buffalo lungs and feels like I have a lung full of cotton fibers afterwards, besides sucking half the buff into my mouth every breath!

Struggle to get enough oxygen into the buffalo lungs and feels like I have a lung full of cotton fibers afterwards, besides sucking half the buff into my mouth every breath!

Gooi n hanabal hector...sny a vertikale lyn en dan steek n ritsluiter daar in en haal vrolik asem terwyl jy fiets ry.[emoji40]

I've ordered some Ciovita masks, hopefully they work because all the other masks including a Buff feels like I am being suffocated at the start, the water boarded 10mins into the ride.

I'll post my experience with them once they arrive.

I feel perhaps the solution is riding with a full face Enduro helmet with cloth neatly on the vent holes. Think a tight helmet bag and then purse string bottom at the neck. Ventilation with a makeshift visor will be tricky. Perhaps an air jet inflo? Anyone with real world practical experience. How to aftermarket modify your bell super 3/2r?

I feel perhaps the solution is riding with a full face Enduro helmet with cloth neatly on the vent holes. Think a tight helmet bag and then purse string bottom at the neck. Ventilation with a makeshift visor will be tricky. Perhaps an air jet inflo? Anyone with real world practical experience. How to aftermarket modify your bell super 3/2r?

I have been trying to figure out what you mean...

This...

post-35907-0-88746400-1588509979_thumb.jpeg

Like this (06h00 to 07h22?

post-35907-0-47761000-1588509997_thumb.jpeg

Or like this....(07h23 - 09h00)

post-35907-0-64180700-1588510051_thumb.jpeg

This is our Premium 4 Layer Face mask...

I managed 5km's yesterday at 6min/km on the treadmill

It's definitely a challenge compared with no covering, my heart rate was about 10 beats per minute up - but surprisingly doable

post-3544-0-09302400-1588512110_thumb.jpg

2020-02-17t140112z_559577765_rc2e2f9f1zs

I have used this blue N95 mask .... VERY uncomfortable.

I prefer white the N95 masks.  Simply fits better, and I can almost breath normally.  Not sure I would be able to exercise with it.

"buff" .... let's be honost ... at best it will reduce the amount of "spray" that one distributes .... probably okay when you are riding on your own, to protect those that you pass.  BUT, if somebody sneezed close to you, dont think the buff is going to provide any real protection ....  I cycle SOLO, thus happy with the level of protection the buff provides.  And knowing its limitations I stay well clear of others !!  It certainly provides the most air of this lot, while practicing

In the air-conditioning game we use "heppa filters" in hospitals ... these things have HUGE restriction to airflow !!  The punch ling is that something that filters the air finely enough, WILL restrict your breathing ....

I would certainly like to try those filters with the "outlet valve" .... hot air passing your nose and fogging up reading glasses aint no fun ......

"waterboarding" ..... I got caught in a slight downpour this morning, 5mm in 30 minutes.  Once that buff was WET, it was simply impossible to breath !!  Inhaling air I was literally drinking the rain as it poured into my mouth .....  I was still contemplating my last loop, then I was reminded of how drivers in the Western Cape lose the plot when it starts raining !!!  I just bee-lined it home ....

I have the Sexy socks one and they are pretty average. Don't fit well and very stuffy. 

This should be a bigger thing right now as we all legally have to wear them and I'm struggling to find some decent ones. Sure there are a lot about but not much that fits well.... I'm looking for ninja style!  

Edited by T-Bob