Garmin Fenix 6X Sapphire Blue Halo

MTB-More

Hi All

So I came to the conclusion reading the Garmin forums that I bought a Old stock Fenix 6x Sapphire from Cape Union mart

Serial : 36402... 

These all have a blue haze on the color and they are literally the worst of the worst when it comes to the display quality. 

Read more here:

https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/fenix-6-series/174384/two-sapphire-fenix-6-pro-s-backlight-contrast-issues?ReplySortBy=CreatedDate&ReplySortOrder=Descending

Spoke to Gartmin this morning and Tsepiso I spoke to is aware of the "blue halo" as they call it and said they will email me back with next steps as they might just replace it. Here is hoping for the best

Might be worth while checking it out and getting yours replaced if needed.

post-113195-0-02571900-1588676223_thumb.jpg

Got a responce from Garmin today saying that they have logged my request though to America as there are certain serial numbers that have been listed as defective and they will let me know what the next steps would be if my Serial falls within the list of defective devices

Got a responce from Garmin today saying that they have logged my request though to America as there are certain serial numbers that have been listed as defective and they will let me know what the next steps would be if my Serial falls within the list of defective devices

If you get the range, please post here.  Suspect mine is also a bit blueish

• 2 weeks later...

TL:DR - Got a new watch

Ok so Here is the whole story for those interested.

Back and forth with Garmin saying that they wont replace the unit as its the best one they have ever made and sold etc. I sent them a email quoting their Values and Vision and exclaiming that they are not honoring and taking responsability for the bad quality and that due to multiple same version watches have so many different variations I would like them to reconsider or I will take it further.

Garmin then asks me to take the watch back to Cape Union Mart (This place has my respect) as they have a 12 month return policy but only on unused goods. Garmin then arranged with them to do a refund as they will credit the store. 

Got there and get a full refund. I then find another unit at Solomons Cycles and go there quick and pickup a new unit for the same price and off we go.

Fault versions of the Fenix 6x are Serial Ranges from 63402... to 63406... and some 63407's (not all)

I got a 63417 now and OMG the screen is way diffirent.

post-113195-0-87183500-1589896784_thumb.jpg

You can clearly see the diffirence between them. Very happy with my replacement

If you are unsure if you have the problem look at the viewing angle. Its crystal clear even at a extreme angle with black being black and you can still read the screen. (Backlight is on here)

post-113195-0-50668100-1589897257_thumb.jpg

So for those that are buying or swapping/replacing check on the bottom of the box for the serial.

post-113195-0-51504200-1589897783_thumb.jpg

Editor on its own turned everything 90' Degrees

Edited by MTB-More

I have 63404, but someone bought it for me while they were in the States and for the life of me I can't find a receipt, only an expired REI gift voucher  :(

Well done sorting that out.

I have 63404, but someone bought it for me while they were in the States and for the life of me I can't find a receipt, only an expired REI gift voucher  :(

Well done sorting that out.

Sorry to hear that man. Yea trust me it wasnt easy as Garmin dont want to directly take it to replace it. They want the store policy to protect them to a extent. If I didnt buy it from Cape Union Mart with the 12 month return policy they would have told me sorry. 

Maybe not but thats how I expereinced it. Cape Union Mart at that time was willing to swap but they only had old stock with the same serial on hand

Edited by MTB-More