Identifying Model Year: Silverback Space 2

DB

I have tried to identify the year of this bike but I cannot, the seller says 2014 and from my research it looks like a 2010/2011 but the text on the frame does not match up (nor any of the specs but this could have obviously been changed), any assistance?

post-161090-0-07414300-1588707582_thumb.jpeg

I had a 2013/2014. It had integrated cable housing. This does not, so it must be older - 2010/2011 seems reasonable

I had a 2013/2014. It had integrated cable housing. This does not, so it must be older - 2010/2011 seems reasonable

Thanks for the information. I am looking to upgrade to it from a Giant Contend 3. It has Ultegra gear. Any advice on the bike/brand?

I only sold mine cos I got a good deal on another second hand bike. I always thought it was a good looking bike. It should have the 6700 ultegra, which is 10 speed. I upgraded mine to 6800 11 speed - again, just found some good second hand deals. But that upgrade was not necessary, the bike was great.

One thing I felt, and it probably has more to do with the handle bars more than the bike, was road vibrations. Carbon can be layered in different ways making it stiff, compliant, etc. These bikes have carbon bars and seat posts, but they not the best-you can see it’s very simple thick carbon layering. I suspect an upgraded handlebar would have made a world of a difference.

I only sold mine cos I got a good deal on another second hand bike. I always thought it was a good looking bike. It should have the 6700 ultegra, which is 10 speed. I upgraded mine to 6800 11 speed - again, just found some good second hand deals. But that upgrade was not necessary, the bike was great.

One thing I felt, and it probably has more to do with the handle bars more than the bike, was road vibrations. Carbon can be layered in different ways making it stiff, compliant, etc. These bikes have carbon bars and seat posts, but they not the best-you can see it’s very simple thick carbon layering. I suspect an upgraded handlebar would have made a world of a difference.

Thanks for the advice, it is a great upgrade to my first road bike (Giant Contend 3 2017)!

I have tried to identify the year of this bike but I cannot, the seller says 2014 and from my research it looks like a 2010/2011 but the text on the frame does not match up (nor any of the specs but this could have obviously been changed), any assistance?

If that chainstay damage is only cosmetic (and not structural) it will be a much better bike than the Giant. It is possible the seller bought it in 2014, and thinks it's a year '14.

If that chainstay damage is only cosmetic (and not structural) it will be a much better bike than the Giant. It is possible the seller bought it in 2014, and thinks it's a year '14.

This is possibly the most likely of answers. The damage appears to be cosmetic.