Gravity racing with a difference

Markellis

That pass between the cars at 11:11...  :eek:  NOPENOPENOPE

These guys are the South American Isle of Mann TT rider equivalents. Mental!

Hahahaha,..maybe if 25rs younger.. We all had big balls and no brains in our youth l..

Nevertheless, a really cool vid..

perhaps not exactly the same but somewhat related.

there is this bunch of guys that i sometimes catch on Malanshoogte road on the way to faircape farm (durbanville area)  in full leathers and longboards/ streetluges. Ive only ever passed them while i'm going back up on my bike....but they get guy in a bakkie to tow them up to speed and then bomb down that piece of road at what looks like 80kph+ lol. Usually early Sunday mornings.

looks like fun though :devil:

Edited by morneS555

perhaps not exactly the same but somewhat related.

there is this bunch of guys that i sometimes catch on Malanshoogte road on the way to faircape farm (durbanville area)  in full leathers and longboards/ streetluges. Ive only ever passed them while i'm going back up on my bike....but they get guy in a bakkie to tow them up to speed and then bomb down that piece of road at what looks like 80kph+ lol. Usually early Sunday mornings.

looks like fun though :devil:

It might be the Stellies gang.

They have been at it for years.

They stayed up in the Crags with my old man who showed them around. They skated down the Crags to Natures Valley pass (Both sides) and a few other old passes and hills in the area.

We have had a few DH skateboarders of repute in the past.

One of my best mates went to world champs DH skating. There used to be a proper race race down Kloof road which was amazing fun. I think I managed 1 clean run in 3 years. The hay bails were my best friends!

THAT is a silly activity. Yoh.... 

That pass between the cars at 11:11...  :eek:  NOPENOPENOPE

These guys are the South American Isle of Mann TT rider equivalents. Mental!

lets not insult TT Riders too quickly.

These okes are not AVERAGING 217km/h, they may break a 100, but not averaging over 200. That bike also weighs under 20kg so it can be muscled a lot more than even the smaller TT bikes.

Impressive but not TT impressive. Also it would be interesting to see someone like Guy Martin on one, he is a really solid cyclist( or push bike rider as he refers to it) and a TT rider.

Gotta love the custom builds. 

I like this high speed descents on tar. Its why I still have a road bike!