Who is doing the 2021 Cape Epic?

TeamBaja

Too soon to ask, I know the world is sideways but still the epic.Waiting on my partner right now, $$$ virus victim. 

I have an entry for 2021 via the volunteer 2020 program and I am looking for a partner for next year 2021.

I have an entry for 2021 via the volunteer 2020 program and I am looking for a partner for next year 2021.

That's great, and the price !!! we'll never see it again. Also your price is so much better than ours. See you there. Lets train.

Sponsor me an entry and you have yourself a partner.

so APPARENTLY only 55 entries left.

https://www.sport24.co.za/OtherSport/Cycling/race-for-just-55-cape-epic-2021-public-entries-starts-on-19-may-20200512

do we believe this or is it just hype to drive up demand after a whoopsie daisy in march that was beyond their control but now got them in a tough spot for 2021? 

Hard to tell, partly due, to the current restriction which means the lost of 100 spots. I know of 10 registered team all volunteers or people that got the invite. 

I don't see any reason to lie.

'

That's great, and the price !!! we'll never see it again. Also your price is so much better than ours. See you there. Lets train.

Edited by Westry

Yeah for 69k still 1k dollars cheaper right now. Well maybe you'll find someone there. 

With a 75% discount.....can not leave it! I'm all in and paid.

Hoop net nie daar is weer 'n drol in die drinkwater nie...  Happy training!!

All in as well. Got an entry end of January. At least I can train properly this time and build up strong team dynamics. Been coached in cross-country for 18 months now, but stage racing is a little bit different. Didn’t know my partner that well by March yet. We have same pace and goal - to enjoy the adventure - but we still need to work on personality differences. More time together on the bike.

Edited by Foxy_Roxy

People are optimistic about the Epic happening next year. Is there a "money back if cancelled" clause?

I hope it does happen, but putting money down looks like a gamble imo.

Edited by Christie

People are optimistic about the Epic happening next year. Is there a "money back if cancelled" clause?

I hope it does happen, but putting money down looks like a gamble imo.

Yes, it is a gamble. However we will get 100% transfer of entry and extras to 2022 if Epic is cancelled again

Yes, it is a gamble. However we will get 100% transfer of entry and extras to 2022 if Epic is cancelled again

yep, I already got my La leyenda del Dorado, carried to 2021 a lots of things are gona get sorted out in the next year. So I'm 80% optimistic, I'm training 100% for it.

All in as well. Got an entry end of January. At least I can train properly this time and build up strong team dynamics. Been coached in cross-country for 18 months now, but stage racing is a little bit different. Didn’t know my partner that well by March yet. We have same pace and goal - to enjoy the adventure - but we still need to work on personality differences. More time together on the bike.

I met my first Epic partner in January 2005 when the race was forst wek in April. I didn't have a mtb  yet either. He was also foreign. 

we go talong just fine. No need for all the partner gelling crap. It's not a marriage, just a biek and two people have to have the same agenda. i.e to finish. We had a blast, a real proper blast. Don't overthink it.

I've seen marriages and best friends break up at the Epic. Peeps spend far too much time worrying about the relationship than their own fitness and mental preparedness.