What's the best bargain you've seen during lockdown?

T-Bob

There have been a lot of small businesses trying to keep afloat by offering 'buy now and collect later' with the incentive of a discount. 

Jewbacca put me onto a board shaper who was doing a good 'buy now' deal. I was more than happy to support him and told a fair few mates who also supported him in this tight time. Unfortunately that has expired now but I thought it might be a good resource to post some and let other know / support the smaller guys in a range of businesses.   

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.bushbreaks.co.za/

There are some outrageous deals in there. Haven't booked anything yet for obvious reasons so I'm not sure the dates and availability etc, but we'll definitely be booking some trips as soon as there is even a fraction of clarity from the powers.

This was a pretty awesome initiative by Jordan Wines

You buy a restaurant voucher valued at R600 to one of your choice from the relevant list, AND you get a case of Jordan Wines delivered to your door once lockdown is over, both for only R600.

Unfortunately already sold out of the 1000 cases of wine they've provided for this, but that means that they've raised R600K worth of cash-flow for restaurants around the country.

I'm glad I got my voucher last night.

Harbour House down south had a similar offer that they'd add 50% to whatever value you've bought your voucher for, i.e. R500 becomes R750. Not sure if it's still running, but that's also pretty cool.

https://www.bushbreaks.co.za/

There are some outrageous deals in there. Haven't booked anything yet for obvious reasons so I'm not sure the dates and availability etc, but we'll definitely be booking some trips as soon as there is even a fraction of clarity from the powers.

That is a good call, I'd not even thought about checking the accom' favs list. 

The house for sale in my area I am watching closely dropped 15k Euro last Friday. While I hope the owner isnt in poohstreet, I do hope it drops more 

No jokes, housing in Australia is currently having a boom despite no auctions being able to be held.

No jokes, housing in Australia is currently having a boom despite no auctions being able to be held.

Article in the business section spoke of wealthy Americans buying in Australia and New Zealand ... despite rules limiting this.

19 private jets landed in NZ after the lock down ...

Article in the business section spoke of wealthy Americans buying in Australia and New Zealand ... despite rules limiting this.

19 private jets landed in NZ after the lock down ...

America has been driving up prices in NZ for years. I remember when I first went to Raglan the amount of boomer Californians buying into the area was massive. Wanaka and Lake Hawea are the hotspots for Tech millionaires, most of the farms around there are owned by Silicon Valley mobs. Mark Z has a farm there as does Bezos, the twitter guys, Linkedin founders, Paypal guys, Netscape Founders etc.

Perfect prepper doomsday location as it's just been proven. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker