26ers

Riaan Wolmarans

Good evening

Is it true that 26ers is totally going of the marked. I spoke to a bike shop and they claim that they do not make parts for 26ers anymore. What are your take on it?

I still love my 26er Camber. In my experience you struggle with tyres, very limited choice so buy a few when you find your preferred brand. All other parts are freely available. Not too sure about 26er-specific parts from the manufacturers like frame spares though

Good evening

Is it true that 26ers is totally going of the marked. I spoke to a bike shop and they claim that they do not make parts for 26ers anymore. What are your take on it?

Only major difference is going to be the wheels.....so tyres, rims....

Cassettes...cranks....brakes....derailers...chains.....these are all relative to the speed of the bike (7,8,9,10,11,12)

I still love my 26er Camber. In my experience you struggle with tyres, very limited choice so buy a few when you find your preferred brand. All other parts are freely available. Not too sure about 26er-specific parts from the manufacturers like frame spares though

26" is becoming more popular as a youth size MTB as the size gap between 24" and the newer 27.5 and 29ers is getting awkward. YT have just released a 26" Primus, and my 11 year old rides a 26" Trance which they still make.

Agreed that tyre choice is more limited, and that exotic rim upgrades will be hard to source. For example, Maxxis do not make a 26" Assegai tyre. But everything else in terms of parts is interchangeable. In addition, the Trance fork is really for a 27.5", but fitted with 26" tyres. Well, to be really honest, the Trance 26" Junior frame is really a Liv 27.5 " XS, re-marketed with a new paint scheme.....

Agreed with Patham

We currently have two 26" bikes. The one is an older Mongoose that we fixed up. ALL parts were easily available.

The other is a 2020 model from Titan, obviously all the parts are available for this as well.

Even tubeless rims.

Things may get scarse if you were to start looking for specific carbon parts, or some specific tire ...

But we are perfectly happy with our 26" bikes, and parts availabilty.

The only issue I have noted .... this turning into a limited volume kids bike market .... volume sales are lower end parts, and decent bikes are very expensive ....

We bought the mid range Titan, ie entry level 1x ... and immediately did a 1x11 Shimano SLX upgrade. It is now a pretty decent bike, and much cheaper than anything off the shop floor