Delta Park during lockdown, Can we ride it?

chris_meowzit

Hi All,

I live near delta park and it falls within my 5km radius from my house and was wondering if we are allowed to cycle in the park during lock down along with Emmarentia?

Thanks

Officially "all public parks are closed and out of bounds"... Crazy and Stupid indeed...

Apparently the cops were in Delta Park last Sunday giving out warnings... Crazy and Stupid indeed...

But this was because of a whole lot of 'goodie two shoes' couch potatoes who didn't have Netflix and Showmax so they were looking out their windows for people to complain about... Crazy and Stupid indeed...

Seems things are about to get interesting ---- https://businesstech.co.za/news/government/396145/new-fines-for-breaking-south-africas-lockdown-laws-what-you-will-pay/

NOTE - these are PER REGION ....

New fines for breaking South Africa’s lockdown laws – what you will pay
Staff Writer8 May 2020

South-Africa-Rand-Money-Notes-Coins.jpg

Subscribe

The South African Judiciary has published a series of directives which outline how much citizens will have to pay in ‘admission of guilt’ fines if they are found to breach the country’s lockdown rules.

The South African Police Service may give a person, who has been arrested on suspicion of a less serious crime, an option to pay an admission of guilt fine.

Such a fine allows a person to admit guilt for a less serious offence without having to appear in court. This prevents an unnecessary overload of the court system.

It is meant to resolve less serious matters quickly where an accused person accepts responsibility for having committed a minor offence.

The directives are based on provincial and magistrate districts, and are in line with the new level 4 lockdown regulations which were introduced from 1 May.

The directives also provide on how the court plans to deal with these cases, with KZN indicating that it will reserve judgement for breaches it deems trivial.

While the fines differ between regions, the below table provides an idea of what you can expect to pay based on the directive for Tshwane.

Not all regions have published directives, but details are available for these areas:

My question is regarding Braamfontein Spruit - this is a natural river and not a "public park" but the goodie two shoes (or roadies) are lobbying that it's a public park and out of bounds.

My question is regarding Braamfontein Spruit - this is a natural river and not a "public park" but the goodie two shoes (or roadies) are lobbying that it's a public park and out of bounds.

Exactly, I dont necessarily want to ride in delta, more through it and along the spruit. But seems its better to stay clear for the time being.

Why are you assuming roadies are the goody two shoes idiots that complained? Are you an ex golfer mtber?

Watch your mouth son.

LOL... [emoji6]... I couldn't resist.... Edited by JBK

Why are you assuming roadies are the goody two shoes idiots that complained? Are you an ex golfer mtber?

Bloody hell people, the roadie reference was joke... nudge nudge wink wink... chill out... and no, I've never played golf... been a mtb'r for the most part of 15 years... Edited by JBK

Hi All,

I live near delta park and it falls within my 5km radius from my house and was wondering if we are allowed to cycle in the park during lock down along with Emmarentia?

Thanks

The Spruit below Delta Park gets pretty busy.