Swiss Epic 2020

Uncleslow

You will probably go through a set of brake pads the descents are murderous on them. My partner had a slight mechanical halfway down a hill and I can’t remember why not sure if there was a twig stuck somewhere near his brakes but he touched the back break pads and it melted straight through the index and middle finger of his glove. There is a good chance that you will need extra pads and I think a set of tyres was recommended on the Swiss epic sight if I can remember. I think day 4 we went through a very rocky section where I know a tyre or two was torn.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will probably go through a set of brake pads the descents are murderous on them. My partner had a slight mechanical halfway down a hill and I can’t remember why not sure if there was a twig stuck somewhere near his brakes but he touched the back break pads and it melted straight through the index and middle finger of his glove. There is a good chance that you will need extra pads and I think a set of tyres was recommended on the Swiss epic sight if I can remember. I think day 4 we went through a very rocky section where I know a tyre or two was torn.

Different day, same place different weather

Hot and humid with the typical approaching afternoon thunderstorm

post-182-0-39408500-1593195362_thumb.jpg

post-182-0-03342200-1593195373_thumb.jpg

More storms today

Maybe bring your swimming trunks

we got a hail warning, luckily no hail while i was there

post-182-0-25088100-1593632225_thumb.jpg

post-182-0-35704800-1593632217_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

So... race starts on Tuesday, any Saffas manage to escape and coming to ride?

I guess its virtually impossible with the current mandatory quarantine restriction of 10 days for people from countries on the quarantine list (including South Africa)

So... race starts on Tuesday, any Saffas manage to escape and coming to ride?

I guess its virtually impossible with the current mandatory quarantine restriction of 10 days for people from countries on the quarantine list (including South Africa)

Matt and Alan are there. Had a rough trip over leaving very late and then doing quarantine before the race.

Cherie Vale is also racing.

Matt and Alan are there. Had a rough trip over leaving very late and then doing quarantine before the race.

Cherie Vale is also racing.

Matt and Alan didn't make the start?

Matt and Alan didn't make the start?

No, they weren't allowed to start due to a 4hr difference in pre race quarantine when they landed. If the race started at 12 they could race. 

No, they weren't allowed to start due to a 4hr difference in pre race quarantine when they landed. If the race started at 12 they could race. 

WTAF!!

So they travel all this way and get excluded because they arrived 4 hrs too late. If they had covid it's not going to suddenly emerge at 12h01

WTAF!!

So they travel all this way and get excluded because they arrived 4 hrs too late. If they had covid it's not going to suddenly emerge at 12h01

Yes bud, trust me not sure what to say about this that is not R rated for public forum. 

Yes bud, trust me not sure what to say about this that is not R rated for public forum. 

I had to read this several times to see if I was reading correctly - Swiss Timing all effed up - it is almost unfathomable to think what those two must have gone through to just get there, to then be told this.

From the race website team name it seems as if they are not enjoying any sort of factory team status either - I hope this is not mainly coming out of their personal pockets.

Could be that you have two mates sleeping on your couch for a week or asking for rides in a UAE team car.... 

I think one of the side effects of this virus is political stupidity by government office bearers

Nope, I think this has nothing to do with Covid and is just Swiss formality.

In a country where trains run to a schedule that says Arrive 11:57 Depart 12:01 and then stick  precisely to it, 10 days would equal 10 days and not 9 days 18 hrs.

For those of us who live in a less disciplined society it takes some effort to get your head around it, but it is the Swiss way and has been for centuries. 

I think one of the side effects of this virus is political stupidity by government office bearers

You sure this is not a pre-existing condition!