Treadmills during level 4

Veebee

Hey Guys.

Anyone know if possible to buy a treadmill during level, more importantly from where ? I am based in Durban.

I have been looking online and cant seem to find much, only Sportmans warehouse who have a Nordic Track T 7.5 but thats R26k.

Budget is around the 15k mark, just need something reliable.

Not serious runners, wont spend more than an hour max on it.

Hey Guys.

Anyone know if possible to buy a treadmill during level, more importantly from where ? I am based in Durban.

I have been looking online and cant seem to find much, only Sportmans warehouse who have a Nordic Track T 7.5 but thats R26k.

Budget is around the 15k mark, just need something reliable.

Not serious runners, wont spend more than an hour max on it.

an hour seems pretty serious to me, I never ran more that 50ish minutes (that's my 10k after than I'm toast)

I'd love to find a smart treadmill to run and cycle on, but the only one that seems to exist for that is this : https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/02/oreka-o2-cycling-treadmill-review.html and it's way too expensive, plus I'm not even sure you can run on it :D

Ive been looking at upgrading mine. But now doesn’t seem to be the right time, just about everyone is sold out or left with either very expensive or really cheap treadmills.

For 15k you can look at the Trojan Elite. Im sure Makro or Game will have stock.

Ive been looking at upgrading mine. But now doesn’t seem to be the right time, just about everyone is sold out or left with either very expensive or really cheap treadmills.

For 15k you can look at the Trojan Elite. Im sure Makro or Game will have stock.

no stock of the Elite at both stores.

Anyone have experience with these Nordic units ?

The Nordics get great reviews, and I really like the suspension decks. I've actually looked at the one at SW as well.

Ranting a bit (venting some frustration at lvl4 lockdown)

Not interested in buying a treadmill, have one already but why is it that some places are able to sell fitness equipment during lvl4 (Sportmanswarhouse..etc) and others cant.

And those that can are sold out on the very item you looking for.

Are some places taking chances? Making use of vary vague or loopholes in the law?

Why cant online trading just be opened up for all industries??????

Ok rant over.

Im following this thread because I am interested to see which places are open and delivering and have any stock of any kind available.

I've had my NordicTrack T10 for about 18 months.  Between my wife and I, it's done about 1500km so far with no problems.

I've got a Nordic Track C2000 for > 12 years and it's still going - managed to do 3 half marathons in the first week of lockdown so it gets used.

I've had to replace the deck a couple of years ago - literally broke it in half whilst running - but it was possible with very little hassle. Last time I checked, it was too old to be repaired, but it has served me really well. 

Looked now and SW only has the one treadmill. Last week they still had stock of a C25 at around R13 000 and a C30 at R18 000. I was seriously looking at the C30 as it's got the same 2.5 CP motor as the one at R26 000, but just not as fancy.

Hopefully they'll get stock again at some (semi) reasonable prices... 

Edit: To add - the treadmills were not available online, so there was no point in trying to order.

Edited by HOEKVLAG

Looked now and SW only has the one treadmill. Last week they still had stock of a C25 at around R13 000 and a C30 at R18 000. I was seriously looking at the C30 as it's got the same 2.5 CP motor as the one at R26 000, but just not as fancy.

Edit: To add - the treadmills were not available online, so there was no point in trying to order.

i've been looking for a while and as you say SW did have a few online, now all gone.

I'll wait a few more weeks, hopefully more stores will be able to sell.

www.fitnessnetwork.co.za

no stock... they are expecting a shipment in by the 23rd.

Ranting a bit (venting some frustration at lvl4 lockdown)

Not interested in buying a treadmill, have one already but why is it that some places are able to sell fitness equipment during lvl4 (Sportmanswarhouse..etc) and others cant.

And those that can are sold out on the very item you looking for.

Are some places taking chances? Making use of vary vague or loopholes in the law?

Why cant online trading just be opened up for all industries??????

Ok rant over.

Im following this thread because I am interested to see which places are open and delivering and have any stock of any kind available.

Yes.

What should you be looking for when buying a treadmill? I am clueless when it comes to running? ( I can run a hot bath and that’s it)

I don’t mind spending 20-25K, I just don’t know what to look for

It sounds like the Nordic is a good brand?

I got from Technogym and nearly vomited when I got to the price

Edited by Markellis

Gyms might be the last thing to open again. If some start offloading commercial or light commercial equipment that might be a good deal.

I bought the S25 for R15500 a day before lockdown. Not a single issue. Works great with the ifit app which is video based running and the treadmill adjusts elevation as the runner ascends. Also has a 10 year warranty.