Treadmills during level 4

Veebee

Takealot listed some treadmills again yesterday. They have one or two Reebok Treadmills that might be worth checking out.

What should you be looking for when buying a treadmill? I am clueless when it comes to running? ( I can run a hot bath and that’s it)

I don’t mind spending 20-25K, I just don’t know what to look for

It sounds like the Nordic is a good brand?

I got from Technogym and nearly vomited when I got to the price

look for a good higher hp motor. note the continuous vs peak hp. You want over 2hp continuous or you will over heat it running too fast.

A lot depends on your running pace. If you happy to plod at 6min/km only then a basic one is ok. if you can run then get  good good one.

Lesson learnt blowing up a cheapie under lockdown...

Gyms might be the last thing to open again. If some start offloading commercial or light commercial equipment that might be a good deal.

I have heard that some gyms hired out their wattbikes just before lockdown; may be worth contacting the gyms near you to see if they're interested in you hiring a treadmill from them.

look for a good higher hp motor. note the continuous vs peak hp. You want over 2hp continuous or you will over heat it running too fast.

A lot depends on your running pace. If you happy to plod at 6min/km only then a basic one is ok. if you can run then get good good one.

Lesson learnt blowing up a cheapie under lockdown...

I have a 2hp peak Trojan currently. It doesn’t like to overheat and goes into protection quickly. I removed the motor cover and ran it with a fan. Works great, I even did 6 hour continuous run with no issues. But its not ideal. If I upgrade the motor will be the first spec I look at.

Takealot listed some treadmills again yesterday. They have one or two Reebok Treadmills that might be worth checking out.

I have seen these Reeboks, just abit concerned about the reliability of them.