Chris Froome in discussions over a mid-season transfer?

Inhlanzi

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether Froome is on Ineos or another team, he'll still get beaten by Bernal, so why would he go somewhere for less money. Makes no sense.

Sounds like he is being a bit of a panicky Prima Donna now that he realises his return to the pro peleton wont be paved in Champs-Élysées cobbles . If you aren't there to defend you spot on the top step, your team mates aren't there to keep it warm for you (Ask Brad Wiggins).

Besides, what team will be able to provide him a swarm of faithful borg-like lieutenants ?

Whether Froome is on Ineos or another team, he'll still get beaten by Bernal, so why would he go somewhere for less money. Makes no sense.

champions don't think like that

Not a massive fanboy or anything but Froome must be the most tenacious rider in history with rock solid mental fortitude.  He's proved over and over again that he has the top BMT ever amongst cyclists and asthmatics

I agree Bernal is better, younger, stronger, faster more talented.  I still wouldn't put down money against Froome

dunno if that is for sure, Bernal is living up to the hype but it's harder to stay at the top than get there.

It should would be more interesting if the TdF wasn't decided in the Ineos team bus.

Tickets for the will NTT sign up and claim him as an African rider bandwagon going on sale shortly.

Exactly why Bernal said what he said. If Froome is all that great, he should leave it out on the road like Lemond and Hinault. Or Contador and Lance. Or... 

Sounds like he wants preferential treatment based on past wins, and any pro athlete is only as good as their last win.

It should would be more interesting if the TdF wasn't decided in the Ineos team bus.

Tickets for the will NTT sign up and claim him as an African rider bandwagon going on sale shortly.

Not a bad idea. Riis can keep him topped up with salbutamol.

Not a bad idea. Riis can keep him topped up with salbutamol.

Mr 60% was more an EPO kind of guy...….

Mr 60% was more an EPO kind of guy...….

Well, he's doing something right at the team. I see they call him Head of Performance or something on their website. I wonder if they did that ironically, or they missed the joke completely.

Besides, as a rider he struck me as do whatever it takes and take whatever works kind of guy. Although I did love the way he snuck past Sciandri for a stage win when he was still at Ariostea.

Edited by TNT1

Well, he's doing something right at the team. I see they call him Head of Performance or something on their website. I wonder if they did that ironically, or they missed the joke completely.

Besides, as a rider he struck me as do whatever it takes and take whatever works kind of guy.

He is a very smart DS..very.

Not a massive fanboy or anything but Froome must be the most tenacious rider in history with rock solid mental fortitude.  He's proved over and over again that he has the top BMT ever amongst cyclists and asthmatics

I agree Bernal is better, younger, stronger, faster more talented.  I still wouldn't put down money against Froome

Yup, TdF 2013 stage 9 come to mind. Although that was many many moons ago...