Chris Froome in discussions over a mid-season transfer?

Inhlanzi

...can be terminated by mutual agreement.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Ask Wout Van Aert.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad idea. Riis can keep him topped up with salbutamol.

Mr 60% was more an EPO kind of guy...….

Gotta move with the times

Not a massive fanboy or anything but Froome must be the most tenacious rider in history..

I wouldn't go that far but he does have a lot of fight in him.

I just can't see him riding for any other team but Ineos..not sure if he will really be happy with a pay cut. Most likely wherever this news really came from it may just be a bit of a threat than anything else..or just a BS story as not much is happening in the world of cycling and they need web traffic. Either way he has a contract so good luck getting out of it if indeed there is any truth to it.

Looks like a parody account.. But..

That is a not their official twitter account.. that tweet has fooled a lot of people[emoji6]

...can be terminated by mutual agreement.

No where in that article does it state that..it said both parties would have to come to an agreement to terminate. I would also assume that the UCI would have to also agree to a mid season transfer IF both rider and team do come to some sort of an agreement.

This assuming that anything that article states has any real truth to it.

Didn't realise that he was actually going to go anywhere but Ineos from next year.

So the conspiracy theorists can harp on what secrets that go with him.

Where could he go? Would need to be a place that has GC aspirations, budget and a spot for a marque rider. He might need to take a serious paycut to get the right place and then have TdF win as a huge bonus - or come with a sponsor.

Lotto Jumbo - no space

bahrain mclaren - would piss on cavendish's batteries a bit

movistar - wtf is the point of movistar again?

Ag2R/FDJ - ja, how would that even work?

So i only see teams like EF/MS and DDD working simply, the rest would come as quite a shift from how he normally operates..

Trek - link up with richie, well they got nibbles now

I wouldn't go that far but he does have a lot of fight in him.

I just can't see him riding for any other team but Ineos..not sure if he will really be happy with a pay cut. Most likely wherever this news really came from it may just be a bit of a threat than anything else..or just a BS story as not much is happening in the world of cycling and they need web traffic. Either way he has a contract so good luck getting out of it if indeed there is any truth to it.

My reasoning for calling him the most tenacious is that he's possibly not as talented or natural looking as the majority of champions

So given what he has, his record is remarkable and a lot of that goes down to hard work and mental grit

Hell even if he was super talented and looked comfortable on a bike his record is remarkable

Yup, TdF 2013 stage 9 come to mind. Although that was many many moons ago...

Given that 2020 hasn't happened yet, the Giro 2018 isn't that long ago.  That was quite something

Definitely wouldn't count him out

Given that 2020 hasn't happened yet, the Giro 2018 isn't that long ago. That was quite something

Definitely wouldn't count him out

He has not yet been tested since his crash... isn't it a bit of a risk to place your eggs in the Froome basket when you do have Thomas and esp Bernal,

He has not yet been tested since his crash... isn't it a bit of a risk to place your eggs in the Froome basket when you do have Thomas and esp Bernal,

absolutely, if I ran the team and had to make a call on a leader, he wouldn't be the guy

Just saying I wouldn't bet against him

Makes it all very exciting if we can just get this virus beaten and get on with life (and racing)

absolutely, if I ran the team and had to make a call on a leader, he wouldn't be the guy

Just saying I wouldn't bet against him

Makes it all very exciting if we can just get this virus beaten and get on with life (and racing)

I also reckon he could almost get away with just 2 mountain goat okes to support him.

if anyone knows how the skyborgs work, and how to foil/use them - it's him.

BUT if anyone could use the skytrain differently, it's Bernal.

I also reckon he could almost get away with just 2 mountain goat okes to support him.

I'd go with 3. 

3 proper mountain goats plus Froomey would be amazing. BUT you would need a Panzerwagen type to protect him in the cross winds.... So realistically he DOES need a team. 

NTT has Campaenarts and a few climbers...... just saying

I dont think anybody is being tested during lockdown.... 7w/kg here we come.

3 winners in one team always gonna be a problem

Edited by IceCreamMan