Chris Froome in discussions over a mid-season transfer?

Inhlanzi

Sky just did exactly at the TdF:  Bernal in 2019, Thomas in 2018 and Froome in 2017.

All 3 are riding this year.

Or have I interpreted incorrectly?

ja, we're aware of that, it's unprecendented. So defending it has definitely never happened before.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Chris actually on the TdF 2020 startlist?

Going to be a groot skandaal if he is not.

again, i'm assuming TDf is 8 person teams.

sky can squueze in all three and domestiques and flatland smashers if they all play ball. and it's worth it to have three good guys, they have all supported each other in the past.

if they go movistar, then it will be fun fun fun.

Is Chris actually on the TdF 2020 startlist?

Going to be a groot skandaal if he is not.

Why. ... Ineos have to selected a team to win it, if Froome isn't in the squad because he isn't in the right form or unwilling to do whatever job the team needs him to do then he shouldn't go.....there is no space for sentiment in any team sport let alone cycling? Edited by Gen

The question on the how many teams would take him for half the price is not always a buying special. He would of shopped himself everywhere there is no doubt as a rider like him would its normal. A team spending half price money of 2M euro a year is huge, you can get 3-5 very very good riders for that per year and also get longevity on a developing rider. Chris isnt guaranteed to win again for any team and the common thought patter will be something like this:

If he wins: Its Chris Froome

If he doesn't: Its ISN

How many times has a rider gone from winning on 1 team to not winning on another a year later and the immediate reaction is the team. Valgren for example is one. There many more.

So does a team long term want a scenario like that and potentially ward off further rider negotiations? If he wins, the opposite happens.

Just cause a rider is cheap, doesn't make him a wanted item for any team.

Thanks John, what I meant was taking him at any salary is a massive risk - I wouldn’t spend my money if I was a team owner - that said I still wouldn’t bet against him

again, i'm assuming TDf is 8 person teams.

sky can squueze in all three and domestiques and flatland smashers if they all play ball. and it's worth it to have three good guys, they have all supported each other in the past.

if they go movistar, then it will be fun fun fun.

Please please please can it go Movistar

Well he wants to win.

'I look forward to exciting new challenges as I move into the next phase of my career but in the meantime my focus is on winning a fifth Tour de France with Team INEOS.' Chris Froome.

Why. ... Ineos have to selected a team to win it, if Froome isn't in the squad because he isn't in the right form or unwilling to do whatever job the team needs him to do then he shouldn't go.....there is no space for sentiment in any team sport let alone cycling?

Because he is the d0od ... and Michl won't 'ave it!

Hell hath no fury ...

Edited by kosmonooit

But if he is left out, that will reveal the depths to which this .. shall we say situation .. plunged.

If Chris is not on the form to win over Egal, I am sure he would do what he can to help him win, he did that we Gee remember, But if the whole relationship has gone pear-shaped, they can easily side line him as OGE did with Calib once they got wind of his signing elsewhere.

Edited by kosmonooit

I don’t like Froome, but I think he’ll do better than Bernal at this years TDF.

Edit: and Brailsford will definitely take him to the tour.

Edited by Cav'

Care to alaborate why you think Chris will be better than Egan?

The part about him beating Bernal makes no sense but I also think it’s going to happen for no logical reason other than the tour bring drama

Being the favourite adds pressure

Let Chris win the Tour this year with INEOS, as clearly any three of them WILL win. Next year give him a proper beating ....... see it's all Team INEOS.

The part about him beating Bernal makes no sense but I also think it’s going to happen for no logical reason other than the tour bring drama

Being the favourite adds pressure

BMT and seasons of experience. What Bernal lacks and Froome has plenty of. G will also assist Froome more if needs be, more than he would the Columbian.