Chris Froome in discussions over a mid-season transfer?

Inhlanzi

BMT and seasons of experience. What Bernal lacks and Froome has plenty of. G will also assist Froome more if needs be, more than he would the Columbian.

The only advantage Froome has on Bernal is experience....Bernal has plenty of BMT... he proved it by winning the TdF, Swiss Tour and Paris to Nice at age 22.

There is also no reason to believe that G will support a rider who is leaving more than he will support someone who will still be his teammate next season. 

There is also Kwiatkowski, Rowe, Sivakov, Amador, van Baarle who will be vital in terms of support.

Froome will need something else to beat Bernal taking into consideration their performances over the last 2 years.

Perhaps some sort of divine intervention is his best chance.. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My thought too. I’ll back Nairo for the win and hope for fireworks from the EF youngsters.

Discounting team Jumbo with Roglic, Dumoulin, Kruijswijk and good domestiques?

Discounting team Jumbo with Roglic, Dumoulin, Kruijswijk and good domestiques?

Not at all. I wish we had an indication of Tom and Steven’s form. I would’ve sent one of them to the Giro though.

Not at all. I wish we had an indication of Tom and Steven’s form. I would’ve sent one of them to the Giro though.

The whole TdF team is in France at altitude.

I have a feeling the upheaval in camp INEOS will play into Jumbo’s hands.

Edited by Ossie NL

We don't exactly have indication on anyone's form.. [emoji2368]

We don't exactly have indication on anyone's form.. [emoji2368]

Touché.

We’ll have to wait till the Dauphiné, 2 weeks before the tour. I reckon everyone will take their tdf squad.

Thanks John, what I meant was taking him at any salary is a massive risk - I wouldn’t spend my money if I was a team owner - that said I still wouldn’t bet against him

Im pretty much of the same view as you. Damned if you do, damned if you dont. 

Is there a possibility that his current contract at Ineos guarantees him a place at tour?

Contracts can state such things but ultimately its the team management who decides. 

BMT and seasons of experience. What Bernal lacks and Froome has plenty of. G will also assist Froome more if needs be, more than he would the Columbian.

Bru, have you seen what Bernal has won and overcome in races as a kid barely being able to shave his face? He can pass unused BMT around to help his team mates. 

On the G part, wouldn't go to the bookies on that...

Bru, have you seen what Bernal has won and overcome in races as a kid barely being able to shave his face? He can pass unused BMT around to help his team mates.

Agreed.. the kid is outstanding, ticks all of the boxes.

Bernal, Pogačar, early 20s with the GC credentials many would dream of.

Then there’s the mercurial all-round abilities of a van der Poel, van Aert - remarkable group of new era marquees professionals. Im sure I’ve missed out a few other notable performers.

Keen to see what Louis Meintjies is capable of after overcoming personal setback.

Dumoulin-Roggas-Kruijswijk such a potent line-up.

Hope the TdF is able to navigate three weeks safely.

It seems a forgone conclusion that Bernal is streets ahead of everyone, and is the man to beat. Despite his age/experience I find it hard to disagree with this sentiment.

The second album is always harder than the debut, but he seems ready to take on the extra pressure of expectation.

Damn, this better not be boring

Bernal did get lucky last tour with that shortened stage, although he does have bags of talent. He has always come across with a sense of humility, and a good attitude (which is what Brailsford liked), hard to see him usurping team mate Froome. But that was then, now is now, things have changed.

Bru you’re gonna look like a twat if you’re wrong. Maybe stop playing Bikehub DS, you’re not.

A lot can happen.

I always love how people can argue whose guess is better...

There is NO indication of form, so we are all talking about 'then'. Who knows, maybe the lockdown has taken it's toll mentally on some of the big names. Their conditioning isn't working re timing etc etc...

Some guys might have had an amazing out of contest out of testing dope up during lock down and are looking and feeling stronger than a long haired Sampson. 

None of us know. 

While I appreciate John has 'inside info' being part of the setup at UAE and a well respected coach to many, he is also playing the 'before' game.

We are all pretty caught up in the big names as the past is all we have to go on. I am hoping for a breakout nobody in the shape of his life getting in a few breaks early and suddenly 'oh dear! The names are all 6 minutes adrift with 12 days of racing to go.......