Lyne and Stan's micro spline compatibility

ichnusa

I love Lyne products. Got a shorter stem for my Diverge from them on Monday, and have been running an AMP35 combo on my Stumpy since October, their bang for buck is hard to beat!

I just tried the Lyne micro spline freewheel on a Stan's hub and it works perfectly!

attachicon.gifrps20200519_221833.jpg

Sorry for the dumb question...whats the reason for this change in spline?

Sorry for the dumb question...whats the reason for this change in spline?

new shimano freebody standard for 12 speed - amongst other things...it needed to change to fit a 10s cog on the new 12 speed cassettes.

Edited by morneS555

Is the tooth count on the inner ratchet ring of the Lyne and Stan's hub the same?

Just wondering cause if they aren't but the prawls still engage then you might risk stripping out the inner ring

new shimano freebody standard for 12 speed - amongst other things...it needed to change to fit a 10s cog on the new 12 speed cassettes.

I understand with the microspline there is also less risk of the cassette digging into an alum free hub body.

I understand with the microspline there is also less risk of the cassette digging into an alum free hub body.

I think it's cause there are more splines, ie. Much more surface area to spread the load

Jus spit balin

Is the tooth count on the inner ratchet ring of the Lyne and Stan's hub the same?

Just wondering cause if they aren't but the prawls still engage then you might risk stripping out the inner ring

Good point, I will check tonight

I only have the Lyne freewheel body, not the hub. So obviously using same Stan's hub with same rachet...

The Lyne freewheel body comes with the spacers needed to make the swop

I presume the Lyne XD freehub will also work on Stans?  I think both hubs are 30-point, 12 degrees engagement, This a good option if so.

number teeth wont matter, as long is the ratchet engagement surfaces match

Should be the same thing as Lyne copied/used the outgoing stan's hub the Stan's Neo hub's should be different.

Yip had a quick look the Neo hub's are different but most before even back to the dirty flea had the same freebody.

Edited by Me rida my bicycle