Titan Cypher Elite / Expert

Stephan

I am considering the Titan Cypher Elite as an all-round XC / Trail bike. Trails during the week, races over weekend and the odd stage race.

Specs seems good and design OK. Still trying to find a open bicycle shop to get a feel for the bike. Anyone with experience or know of a review? How does the bike compare to the Scott Spark 930 for example which seems to be priced similar.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Cypher Elite. I can't compare it to the Spark 930 unfortunately. What I can say is that I am very happy with the bike. Great specs, great warranty and great service from Titan. The build quality is great too.

Sorry, not a very technical review at all. I'm sure you'll get a far better idea once you manage a test ride.

Suffice it to say, I have no regrets with my purchase.

There is a very similar thread on this bike and almost everyone only had good things to say about the bike.

For me, the biggest attraction is the warranty. I don't think there are many brands that offer a 5 year multi user warranty. That means if you sell, the warranty moves to the new owner. That will surely benefit re-sale value.

I am quite a Scott fan but out of 930 or the Elite I would take the cheapest 1 cause both need upgraded wheels. The one I would look for would be a Spark RC team I have seen them in similar price range about 2kg lighter than both the other. I had a 940 they are great but the RC climbs much better and decends is just as fun just ad a dropper.

I am quite a Scott fan but out of 930 or the Elite I would take the cheapest 1 cause both need upgraded wheels. The one I would look for would be a Spark RC team I have seen them in similar price range about 2kg lighter than both the other. I had a 940 they are great but the RC climbs much better and decends is just as fun just ad a dropper.

OK. I assume you are talking about the RC Team alloy frame, 100 mm travel?

OK. I assume you are talking about the RC Team alloy frame, 100 mm travel?

the team is the carbon 100mm the comp is the aluminum one. Might be the 2019 model for closer price match but still the 1 I would go for. Buddy of mine has the 2018 team and I immediately regretted my choice after taking a spin on his. Other good choice would be Trek top fuel they had some great deals 2 of my friends went that direction and very happy. Must remember between 40 and 50k there's quite a selection just need to shop around to find the right one for you.

This would also be a great choice and talking about warranty Trek has lifetime warranty. To be honest who cares about multi owner warranty buying a bike with a good warranty for when you sell it is like not sleeping with your girlfriend so she is more appealing to next one.

post-80000-0-55258700-1590005240_thumb.jpg

the team is the carbon 100mm the comp is the aluminum one. Might be the 2019 model for closer price match but still the 1 I would go for. Buddy of mine has the 2018 team and I immediately regretted my choice after taking a spin on his. Other good choice would be Trek top fuel they had some great deals 2 of my friends went that direction and very happy. Must remember between 40 and 50k there's quite a selection just need to shop around to find the right one for you.

I did look at Trek. Great bikes and good support. Could not find that deal! Even looked at Spez. Epic Comp Carbon Evo. Also same price. The RC Team is great ... now closer to R68k

Best deals are on the Spez. Scott 930 and Titan. All between R40 and R45k.

I did look at Trek. Great bikes and good support. Could not find that deal! Even looked at Spez. Epic Comp Carbon Evo. Also same price. The RC Team is great ... now closer to R68k

Best deals are on the Spez. Scott 930 and Titan. All between R40 and R45k.

that deal I just got from their website. At the end of the day choose the one you like the most there's not something like a bad bike these days only personal preference. Test as many as you can.

Titan Racing Cypher Elite great choice!

Some nice carbon FSA wheels in die the classified`s that would compliment the Cypher!

• 3 months later...

A bit of a thread revival. Any hubbers that bought a Titan Cypher that can give some insight/review of the bike?

My 2015 Alu Scott weighs almost the same as The Titan Carbon, not knoking Titan think its very good value for money

True but those 2015 Scotts are very light for what they are. Many of the latest gen carbon full sussers are heavy, quite annoying so. The Titan isn't significanty heavier than the current crop of Carbon Scott Sparks.

recently tested a cannondale scalpel carbon 3 2021 model, 12,75kg for an R75k bike with pedals.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Any further reviews on the titan from owners?

Looking at a cypher atm but I do find that there are not alot of reviews yet

Hi Guys

Any further reviews on the titan from owners?

Looking at a cypher atm but I do find that there are not alot of reviews yet

I also tried to get reviews on this bike - fairly new so doubt that will find many reviews

I have seen few go for sale again - not sure if its due to financial reasons or due to the bike not being upto spec

however the bike is nicely specced and priced