Silverback Spectre Sport vs Titan Racing Rogue

brendancurran

Hi Bikehub, I'm new to this forum and looking to see if anyone has any views or recommendatinos on two models of MTBs.

I am lookimg to purchase an entry/mid-entry level MTB, mainly for fitness to be honest. But also with some decent components that in 2-3 years, if I get the opportunity for some single track trail access that there is no need to start upgrading components. Budget wise, I am looking at either the Silverback Sports Spectra (3x9 or 2 x 10) or the Titan Racing Rogue 1 x 12 . There was also a Giant Talon 4, but the components (Shimano) looked to be have been on the lowest possible level (example Shimano Tourney rear derailleur).

The Silverback contains Shimano components rear derailleur (Shimano Acera) and the front derailleur (Shimano Altus) , while the Titan Racing has the SRAM Eagle SX rear derailleur and Shimano brakes.

If anyone has any steer in relation to these two models for a newbie that would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...

From what I can see they look very similar in terms of specs.

Not sure which year model you are looking at but from what I can tell the Silverback has a Suntour XCR Air fork and the Titan has a Raidon Air fork. The Raidon is a better fork. The XCR Air is the most entry level air fork in the Suntour range.

Don't trust what it says on paper as these lower-end bikes change specs all the time. I suggest find the models you are interested in and comparing the physical components they are equipped with.

The Acera and Altus will do fine for casual riding but I agree; stay away from the Tourney group sets.