Alcohol Ban = No glass on side of roads and no drunk drivers early mornings

FirstV8

Since the alcohol ban its been a pleasure to not have the side of the roads littered with broken glass bottles thrown recklessly out of cars  . I use to see this  more on my saturday and Sunday morning rides . The other aspect is to not have a drunk coming home from a party  past one with in inches of your handlebars . . Im not against the alcohol ban but do feel the difference when riding on public roads .

I think this may have more to do with the curfew than the ban on alcohol. Sure the ban helps, but with people not driving around and being out on the roads late at night/early mornings, the behavior of throwing out bottles does not happen.

Make no mistake, people are drinking - sources of alcohol are just questionable

The p*ssed oke driving up Rhodes Drive yesterday morning around 7am clearly didn't get the memo!!

Tom

Pity the same can't be done (ban) people that use their cellphone while driving - it's just as bad. While it doesn't cause punctures, like glass, it's still (a perceived) distraction.

Just wait till those bottle stores reopen...then its total game on!

If you thought the queues for food parcels was long...

The p*ssed oke driving up Rhodes Drive yesterday morning around 7am clearly didn't get the memo!!

Tom

Point made - people are still drinking. Probably more at home than on the road, so less glass on the roads.

And yes, those drinking at home will go driving as soon as the curfew opens

Just wait till those bottle stores reopen...then its total game on!

It's not too crowded here outside Ultra Liquors. I'm no 4 in the queue and there are only 39 people behind me...

Edited by eddy