Recommend me a pair of shorts!

Not lycra and skin tight, and not baggy and below the knees. Something more in the middle. Something akin to normal shorts is what comes to mind in terms of the shape. Budget just over R1000, that'd be lekker. Would prefer a chamois inner as well. Cheers!

Edited by NeverNotRolling

I got some from Enjoy called the Retilia or something.  Tight enough, but also baggies.   A fantastic fit.  Use them for everything from stage race to enduro riding.

I got some from Enjoy called the Retilia or something. Tight enough, but also baggies. A fantastic fit. Use them for everything from stage race to enduro riding.

I've seen those. Will see if Enjoy is open and maybe try them on. Thanks!

I use Fox Ranger shorts. Not too baggie and waist has adjustment, so you can tweek for comfort. I have 3 pairs, it's all I use to mountain bike in. Perfect for long ride and sort rides with my kids.

I use Fox Ranger shorts. Not too baggie and waist has adjustment, so you can tweek for comfort. I have 3 pairs, it's all I use to mountain bike in. Perfect for long ride and sort rides with my kids.

I actually just got those but I think I'm returning them. They're just a little too long and baggy. Really nice quality though, bummer. Wish they did a pair with a few shorter inches.

Edited by NeverNotRolling

I actually just got those but I think I'm returning them. They're just a little too long and baggy. Really nice quality though, bummer. Wish they did a pair with a few shorter inches.

Why not get them shortened a bit? I'm sure someone with a sewing machine could do with a few Bob right now.

Why not get them shortened a bit? I'm sure someone with a sewing machine could do with a few Bob right now.

Could do.

I'd also recommend Enjoy Fitness. I have their bibs and a few tops and they are excellent quality. Haven't tried their baggies but they should be excellent based on their other kit.

Not lycra and skin tight, and not baggy and below the knees. Something more in the middle. Something akin to normal shorts is what comes to mind in terms of the shape. Budget just over R1000, that'd be lekker. Would prefer a chamois inner as well. Cheers!

Leatt DBX1.0

Inner shorts can be very snug so try on before you buy.

Retail between R1100 and R1250

I have a pair of these, and they are about just at my knee level I would say.

https://indola.co.za/shop/bottoms/baggies/thebusiness-enduro-mtb-baggy/

Shu those have come a LONG way since the first Indola shorts I bought.

@ the OP I have Enjoy Reptilia, Fox Ranger and the Ciovita Enduro style shorts.

Of the 3 I like the Enjoy shorts best.

Ciovita is a close 2nd only because the material feels a bit more scratchy

3rd is the Fox but still nice.

None have a liner. I just ride in a bib. The local offerings are really nice IMO.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I've been riding Rangers for years, but think its time to try out some Enjoy shorts.  They look good and I've never heard a bad word about any of their products.

I've been riding Rangers for years, but think its time to try out some Enjoy shorts.  They look good and I've never heard a bad word about any of their products.

I think I'll check theirs out. The lady at Enjoy said on the phone they should be open and allowing try-ons from Level 3.