Cadence World - Krugersdorp

Mojoman

A big thank you to Cadence World in Krugersdump. I somehow managed to break a spoke on Saturday and this morning I took the bike in and they sorted it out without me having to book it in and pick it up again the following day (I live 25km so its not a quick in and out).

I got there a little early and the lady in the shop let me sit inside and wait AND for the first time ever I actually got a cup of coffee! I've bought things from the other 2 shops in the area but have never been offered coffee....

So. if you are in the West Rand, the shop is just across the road from the Dross...support them. 
Prices are good and the service is good. Also picked up a set of brake pads for my SLX at R130 a set. Nice price.

As a footnote I see the old Cajees down in town itself is now undergoing a facelift. New more up to date stock going in etc... Sadly the one old gentleman passed away and the second one who used to run the shop apparently had a stroke....very sad as although it wasn't the best shop in the world I have been going there for 20 odd years..

Agree. Great shop and people there. Glad you had a good experience and took the time to give the feedback.

Cadence=Spin. Sorry didn't mean anything untoward. Will keep my humor to myself.

Sorry man...I thought you meant I was telling porkies or something :devil:

• 1 year later...

Looks like good quality service is no longer a thing. 

Friend had a brake lever replaced and a the brake now doesn’t work at all. My guess is they spilled brake fluid on the disc when the bled the system. 

Did friend not check it before he/she left the shop? If so, did it then stop working? Is the lever going to the bar or are the pads norm”biting” the disc? 

Air in the system maybe after the bleed. Wheel taken off for transport and maybe the lever was pulled? 

Do you take your car for a test drive as well when you pick it up from a service?

Why did the shop not test this? And no, bike wasn’t tested until getting home. 

The lever feels fine. Bite point is correct. Wheel wasn’t removed. Brake simply doesn’t stop the bike. 

I’m sick of shops not doing a proper test or even a good job anymore. 

8 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Do you take your car for a test drive as well when you pick it up from a service?

The lever feels fine. Bite point is correct. Wheel wasn’t removed. Brake simply doesn’t stop the bike. 

Bit of a drive from Kugersdorp but: 

https://mellowvelo.co.za/

A long week may have resulted in human error or oversight ... it can happen.

Please share how they respond to the matter.

1 hour ago, Steady Spin said:

The pads are contaminated, you can bake them in the oven and sand it down to get the bite back. 

1 hour ago, Steady Spin said:

Exactly where the bike’s been in the past but this time it was an urgent repair. 

Mellow Velo is brilliant. 

All shops can make a mistake, Mellow Velo was awesome when I bought my bike from them, but after I got my bike back from the 1st service they had broken the chain guide, and I know they broke it because I checked it before I took the bike in, but they wouldn't own up to it.

I am pissed off about it, but that doesn't mean I can say that their service in its entirety is ***, just because one bad thing happened to one person doesn't mean the whole shop is now bad

53 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

The pads are contaminated, you can bake them in the oven and sand it down to get the bite back. 

That hack has never worked for me. 

2 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Isn't the drive home part of the test drive...?

Also irks me when something obvious like this is missed, but happens. Have they responded to your mates complaint? 

3 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Uhm.... yes

7 hours ago, Craai said:

Uhm.... yes

So you get in your car, drive around and back to the dealership to tell them everything is ok before heading home?