1 June - MTB parks opening

RABUBI

I was quite surprised when I saw on Facebook yesterday both wolwespruit and rosemary hill announcing they will open 1st of June

Great news! 

I hope buffels will be open as well!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was quite surprised when I saw on Facebook yesterday both wolwespruit and rosemary hill announcing they will open 1st of June

Great news!

I hope buffels will be open as well!

Saw on their instagram that they seem to be opening.

are those private parks or SANPARKS?

All of the above mentioned are private.

My guess is SANPARKS won't be opening. Hoping Helderg will as that on private land. I am not too hopeful about Jonkers but hope I am wrong.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

All of the above mentioned are private.

My guess is SANPARKS won't be opening. Hoping Helderg will as that on private land. I am not too hopeful about Jonkers but hope I am wrong.

I'm not hopeful about Helderberg either to be honest....

May have to join Tygerberg then if they're opening in Level 3

Are we allowed to drive to exercise then?

I'm still pretty unsure as to what is and isn't going to be accepted.

Can I drive to Noordhoek to go for a surf or to hit G-spot or tygerberg etc?

SIrreal said all movement restrictions would be lifted.

But we don't know what the real leader of the country Mrs NDZ is going to say and we know her obsession with Stalinism

I think, if you are looking to avoid crowds, then the "hit the bike park 1st of june" crowd, may be problematic.

We went to a bike park just before lockdown as a "last ride out" and it was mayhem, as everyone else had the same plan.

Ja was crazy! I was planing on doing PWC for a bit of a jol, they were closed so I drive to the spruit, looked at the amount of people and rather went home. I’ll wait for the next week or during the weekdays before I go to a bike park.

May have to join Tygerberg then if they're opening in Level 3

I hope they are opening ... sent a mail asking this, but have not had a reply as yet.

I hope they are opening ... sent a mail asking this, but have not had a reply as yet.

We have seen the previous emails, and the processes ...

Step ONE - check the trails for damage after the current rain .... already 40mm in the last 24 hours, with more predicted for Thursday

Step ONE - check with land-owners .... this one may be interesting ..... many farms outside the main centra are super critical in allowing people onto it ....  Doubt this applies here, as their staff has direct access to the main centra ....

Step ONE - they will check with their lawyers .... good to see the club taking a safe approach 

Step TWO - letter to the club members ....

going to be interesting to see how this plays out .... expecting a few rougue riders this weekend, making a total mess of the super muddy trails .... hope I am wrong !

nobody knows until the president's boss tells us what's going on

Step ONE - check the trails for damage after the current rain .... already 40mm in the last 24 hours, with more predicted for Thursday

Step ONE - check with land-owners .... this one may be interesting ..... many farms outside the main centra are super critical in allowing people onto it ....  Doubt this applies here, as their staff has direct access to the main centra ....

Step ONE - they will check with their lawyers .... good to see the club taking a safe approach 

going to be interesting to see how this plays out .... expecting a few rougue riders this weekend, making a total mess of the super muddy trails .... hope I am wrong !

you mean next weekend. level3 kickc in on monday

Conters drains very well, and being a MTB rider family owned farm I am sure they have not been idle RE trail maintenance .... so here is hoping they will be one of the first to open again.