Standard of service (during this Covid-19 madness)

tinmug

As we all know it's a crazy time. Issues with suppliers getting (enough) stock. Issues with customs releasing stock. Couriers. Red Tape.

Lots of talk about folks not getting what they paid for or, at the very least, not promptly. Fair enough: our bicycle stores must be experiencing unprecedented online growth in recent weeks. 

One store here in the Cape, fulfilling a small order, emailed a personal apology when said order had not been delivered a mere two days after placing the order. And it arrived the very next day. Evolutionary. 

:thumbup:

Another Cape store phones to clarify what appears to be a compatibility issue with an order (it was). And just to make that clear: this happened at 9 PM. PM. I'm Addicted to this level of service. 

:clap:

As we all know it's a crazy time. Issues with suppliers getting (enough) stock. Issues with customs releasing stock. Couriers. Red Tape.

Lots of talk about folks not getting what they paid for or, at the very least, not promptly. Fair enough: our bicycle stores must be experiencing unprecedented online growth in recent weeks. 

One store here in the Cape, fulfilling a small order, emailed a personal apology when said order had not been delivered a mere two days after placing the order. And it arrived the very next day. Evolutionary. 

Another Cape store phones to clarify what appears to be a compatibility issue with an order (it was). And just to make that clear: this happened at 9 PM. PM. I'm Addicted to this level of service. 

from their face book page that second store was working late into the night last night.

I've got an order sitting with them, they simply cannot get the stock from their local supplier.

Some good some not so... Don't have a sale and then you have to enquirer or get a quote if they have stock or not. Which they have to source from their suppliers anyway and is mostly out.... Seems a bit cart before horse to me...

Confirm your suppliers have the stock you want to put on sale first......

Some good some not so... Don't have a sale and then you have to enquirer or get a quote if they have stock or not. Which they have to source from their suppliers anyway and is mostly out.... Seems a bit cart before horse to me...

Confirm your suppliers have the stock you want to put on sale first......

This happens often as online sites are not updated regularly BUT DO NOT take my money first then go find out is said item is in stock at supplier....THIS is not acceptable....

I'm just going to say this.

Amidst all the Covid madness I got exceptional service from Janos at EvoBikes, even more so than their usual good service. He even couriered an item for me that I ordered from an unrelated store with my order from EvoBikes.

Everything is slower now, couriers are delayed, suppliers are struggling to get stock - and even the exceptional shops are victim to this. The difference between the good and bad eggs are how they communicate and keep their clients up to date.

I'm not gonna complain about the bad eggs, rather give the good ones a shoutout. In my experience the following shops give excellent service through and through:

- EvoBikes

- Lyne Components

- Rapide

- cSixx

Shop with these guys... you will not be dissapointed.

EDIT: Obviously there are other shops that give consistently excellent service, these are just the ones I use on a regular basis, EvoBikes more so than anyone else.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

I've found the opposite elsewhere, an excuse for bad service, various other largish suppliers

ie DHL Express, Postnet, Post Office

Far too much innuendo, too guesswork required.

Can't you simply name the places so we could support them (or not) depending on the comments?

Edited by TNT1

Ordered and delivered from First Ascent,Game and Incredible Corruption no problems.Fastest was First Ascent.2 days last week.

Private purchase also delivered as soon as Level 4 was opened.

Indeed, same here...had great service from Evo, Csixx and Spaz Stellenbosch. 

Had crappy service from Edgars (still waiting for my kids' clothes 6 weeks on, the winter will be over by the time they get their winter clothes).

I've found the opposite elsewhere, an excuse for bad service, various other largish suppliers

I'm a reasonable person. I can fully understand the catch 22 most business are going through.

They are trying their damdest to get up and running again, but with covid restrictions on themselves and their suppliers, plus backlogs etc. Its not an easy time.

In my case, I ordered the item from the bike shop online, fully expecting the usual pay portal to pop up, instead it thanked me and said a quote will be on its way.

I then got an email thanking me and stating they will quote me as soon as they confirm with the supplier if they have stock.

Stock was confirmed, quote was sent, item was paid for. But their supplier is battling with demand and restrictions.

I fully understand, for this item I can be patient so no big deal.

Far too much innuendo, too guesswork required.

Can't you simply name the places so we could support them (or not) depending on the comments?

Evobikes

BIkeAddict

I think?

Evobikes

BIkeAddict

I think?

Spot on.  :thumbup:

One hiccup: placed an order (a  :cursing:  expensive one) for an item that agent claimed was in stock. It wasn't. Still isn't. No gripes though, this pandemic has affects on all of us and our businesses/employers. My praise is for exceptional handling of the chaos from Evobikes and Bike Addict. Good, honest, personal service. 

Edited by tinmug

Spot on.  :thumbup:

One hiccup: placed an order (a  :cursing:  expensive one) for an item that agent claimed was in stock. It wasn't. Still isn't. No gripes though, this pandemic has affects on all of us and our businesses/employers. My praise is for exceptional handling of the chaos from Evobikes and Bike Addict. Good, honest, personal service. 

I find myself using guys like these more and more over CWC these days...

Had excellent online service from Evobikes earlier in level 4 and just as excellent in store service from Giant Durbanville as well as Bespoke Cycleworx. :thumbup:  

I ordered coffee from the midlands and it was here the next day!! 

Terbodore for the win.

(This is more important than the bike I bought which can't really be located right? :whistling: )

Also VERY happy with the service from EVOBIKES during this period.  :thumbup:

Similarly impressed with Julien and Raymond at Giant Durbanville.  :clap: