Lang Frans

Hi guys

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I am looking to purchase an entry gravel bike for commuting, training and the odd road race (for fun)

I am 172 tall, guess that makes me a medium. (53 cm?)

My budget stops at R11k, i have no issue buying a second hand bike with mechanical brakes and an alu fork.

If any of you are aware of specials at your LBS in Guateng area or a mate looking at selling his bike, please let me know. 

(i am aware of the bikes for sale on-line at the larger retailers (most of them out of stock on gravel bikes) and obviously Bike Hub)

Thank you.

This was R7k.

Buy a good steel CX bike and you will never look back...

post-50-0-64576900-1590773979_thumb.jpg

But seriously, OP, look for a steel framed CX or similar frame (there was a Cotic in the classifieds last week) and build up something affordable that can serve the purpose.

Hi guys

I am looking to purchase an entry gravel bike for commuting, training and the odd road race (for fun)

My budget stops at R11k, i have no issue buying a second hand bike with mechanical brakes and an alu fork.

If any of you are aware of specials at your LBS in Guateng area or a mate looking at selling his bike, please let me know. 

(i am aware of the bikes for sale on-line at the larger retailers (most of them out of stock on gravel bikes) and obviously Bike Hub)

Thank you.

A bit out of your price range but Procycles in Benoni has a Giant TCX. Alu frame, Carbon fork and Shimano 105 11spd.  Medium

That is a real bargain!!!! 

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

Thank you.

Gravel bike trends are buzzing in the world of cycling nowadays. These bikes are tailored for long-distance comfort, new routes adventure, and allow riders to stay away from heavily trafficked roads.

There are best gravel bikes, like cannondale topstone 105 al, Royce union, Tommaso Siena and many more, which are best for Women, best for Men and best bang-for-the-buck if you are just getting started.