Are cyclist just too superior to keep their masks/buffs on

Stefalbertyn

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cover your eyes as well if you are concerned about transmission.

The high risk place is not in the bunch as much as it is at the coffee / breakfast stop.

People recovering from the gogga report that their 'lungs are not the same'. Some of these reports are anecdotes from elite level athletes.

Stay safe, healthy and strong out there, Peoples.

post-12015-0-17764500-1592121747_thumb.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

“the intractable intransigent non mask wearing aholes” [emoji1787] you could almost challenge Thor Bums with that eloquence.

I had to Google those words [emoji4]

“the intractable intransigent non mask wearing aholes” ???? you could almost challenge Thor Bums with that eloquence.

Thank you, kind sir, but I know not of an 'in tractor Bill'. I am only aware of an extinct dinosaur called an intractordon, also known mostly for eschewing masks.

post-17362-0-11449900-1592156684_thumb.jpg

“the intractable intransigent non mask wearing aholes” [emoji1787] you could almost challenge Thor Bums with that eloquence.

Thank you, but I wouldn’t dare. I think that sumbitch could unseam me from the nave to the chops (ala Macbeth) with just one carefully chosen syllable from the mortifying arsenal comprising the lexicon of Thor Buttox. [emoji23] (I bet he writes op eds for the New York times or maybe some zany oh so cerebral blog. Lol, maybe Huisgenoot?)

Geez you guys really don't get it do you? It's not about your selfish selves, it's about the other, older people that you will pass it on to, placing their lived in danger. Perhaps your own parents, in laws etc. Catch a wakeup people, it's not about protecting yourself, it's about protecting the vulnerable.

Thank you, but I wouldn’t dare. I think that sumbitch could unseam me from the nave to the chops (ala Macbeth) with just one carefully chosen syllable from the mortifying arsenal comprising the lexicon of Thor Buttox. [emoji23] (I bet he writes op eds for the New York times or maybe some zany oh so cerebral blog. Lol, maybe Huisgenoot?)

You are confusing me with my cousin, Thor Bollox. But he doesn't cycle, and his nickname is Blue.

You are confusing me with my cousin, Thor Bollox. But he doesn't cycle, and his nickname is Blue.

Lemme go out on a limb and take a take wild guess here. *If* he did cycle he is the kinda guy who would ride an ebike, but still would wheelsuck without taking his turn at the front, never greet, anti-masker, spew gu wrappers onto the road @ 1 / 3.75km, prob has a MAGA sticker on his 1972 Ford Fairmont bumper? But you tell yourself its ok cos you’re only related to him on your great aunt’s side in the 11th degree of consanguinity.

Lemme go out on a limb and take a take wild guess here. *If* he did cycle he is the kinda guy who would ride an ebike, but still would wheelsuck without taking his turn at the front, never greet, anti-masker, spew gu wrappers onto the road @ 1 / 3.75km, prob has a MAGA sticker on his 1972 Ford Fairmont bumper? But you tell yourself its ok cos you’re only related to him on your great aunt’s side in the 11th degree of consanguinity.

I want to state quite plainly that at no point has my cuzzin ever gone by the moniker "Die Muishond'!! Sies, meneer. The only time he has ever used that phrase was when he was clubbing a baby weasel to death with his sand wedge, and he couldn't think of the English name.

So I never realized how useful Buffs are. I use them as masks as they don’t mist my glasses up, and are obviously riding with one on too. In this cold weather I never take it off, it warms the air nicely and I don’t cough the whole day after long cold rides anymore. One lesson corona taught me.

So I never realized how useful Buffs are. I use them as masks as they don’t mist my glasses up, and are obviously riding with one on too. In this cold weather I never take it off, it warms the air nicely and I don’t cough the whole day after long cold rides anymore. One lesson corona taught me.

For years I suffered with post nazal drip induced sore throats, aggravated by riding in the cold, so the past few winters saw me riding with a buff anyway. This winter is no different.

On a lighter note ....  :whistling:

Most of us KNOW the benefits of wearing a mask when riding in COLD weather. 

But some will rather ride without a buff, just to show "the man" ....  :wacko:

Friday morning on my way to the office I saw this gent ..... He had me scratching my head .... now bear in mind that with the wind chill it was less than 5 degrees C !!!

- no leg warmers

- no arm warmers

- no gloves

- NO helmet

- no lights on his bike

post-110956-0-51379700-1592235252.jpg

BUT, he was wearing his mask  :eek:   :thumbup:

Edited by ChrisF

On a lighter note .... :whistling:

Most of us KNOW the benefits of wearing a mask when riding in COLD weather.

But some will rather ride without a buff, just to show "the man" .... :wacko:

Friday morning on my way to the office I saw this gent ..... He had me scratching my head .... now bear in mind that with the wind chill it was less than 5 degrees C !!!

- no leg warmers

- no arm warmers

- no gloves

- NO helmet

- no lights on his bike

attachicon.gifmask on.jpg

BUT, he was wearing his mask :eek: :thumbup:

OMW. It’s gotta be Thor’s cuzzie!

For years I suffered with post nazal drip induced sore throats, aggravated by riding in the cold, so the past few winters saw me riding with a buff anyway. This winter is no different.

Must be a Greek thing, our big ass noses were not designed for cold air

Edited by Knersboy