Are cyclist just too superior to keep their masks/buffs on

Stefalbertyn

On a lighter note ....  :whistling:

Most of us KNOW the benefits of wearing a mask when riding in COLD weather. 

But some will rather ride without a buff, just to show "the man" ....  :wacko:

Friday morning on my way to the office I saw this gent ..... He had me scratching my head .... now bear in mind that with the wind chill it was less than 5 degrees C !!!

- no leg warmers

- no arm warmers

- no gloves

- NO helmet

- no lights on his bike

attachicon.gifmask on.jpg

BUT, he was wearing his mask  :eek:   :thumbup:

That;s the anti freeze in his blood stream working

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For years I suffered with post nazal drip induced sore throats, aggravated by riding in the cold, so the past few winters saw me riding with a buff anyway. This winter is no different.

Yes indeed, been doing this for years now. Sometimes just to cover the ears to keep the cold out. 

Geez you guys really don't get it do you? It's not about your selfish selves, it's about the other, older people that you will pass it on to, placing their lived in danger. Perhaps your own parents, in laws etc. Catch a wakeup people, it's not about protecting yourself, it's about protecting the vulnerable.

And welcome to you to !!

(Did you really join just to be able to post your frustration ??)  :clap:

Btw the vulnerable don't cycle.  :ph34r:

Edited by porqui

That's not cuzzin Bollox, that's my gran, Ouma Akin

Just how the superior cyclist mask thread morphed into the genealogy of your dynasty is totally beyond me, but I nevertheless remain riveted.

Good solid instruction from the WHO, probably based on way more evidence than anyone of us can claim to have on this gogga.

Now comes the question: Will our esteemed National Covid Panel amend these exercise regulations along with the other amendments due in Level 3 Light.. or Advanced or whatever they want to call it without calling it Level 2.

Good solid instruction from the WHO, probably based on way more evidence than anyone of us can claim to have on this gogga.

Now comes the question: Will our esteemed National Covid Panel amend these exercise regulations along with the other amendments due in Level 3 Light.. or Advanced or whatever they want to call it without calling it Level 2.

They might just ban exercising....

Yeah... I didn't need WHO to tell me a mask means I can't breathe comfortably while exercising and that it probably isn't a great idea to wear.

But good to see they are promoting logic and common sense.

But am I still allowed to throw my toys out of the pram and get all upity when I see someone exercising without a mask?

This has seriously ruined my moral high ground. How am I going to feel superior now?

But am I still allowed to throw my toys out of the pram and get all upity when I see someone exercising without a mask?

This has seriously ruined my moral high ground. How am I going to feel superior now?

Jirre ou ... Coffee all over the bloody place ????

by going for a run?

TOP.  jrrrr, 40 pages of judgement and righteous indignation! (with a few notable exceptions)