R2-Bike.com Missing order

Neill Du Toit

Hi all

I'm not a frequent online buyer, local yes but not from overseas.

Recently ordered two plus tires from R2-Bike and shipping was handled by DHL. I was impressed by the efficiency of the Germans until the package was succesfully delivered to someone else (Herr Topp) in Germany it seems.

Trying to contact someone at DHL and to query this issue deemed impossible, basically they just reroute you on their website till you are tired and confused.

I did query this with R2-Bike support on friday, waiting on a reply from them.

Do I have any other means of at least retrieving my payment if this query goes nowhere? I paid with my MasterCard credit card. Or have anybody else had problems using R2-Bike or DHL?

Thanks.

Hi all

I'm not a frequent online buyer, local yes but not from overseas.

Recently ordered two plus tires from R2-Bike and shipping was handled by DHL. I was impressed by the efficiency of the Germans until the package was succesfully delivered to someone else (Herr Topp) in Germany it seems.

Trying to contact someone at DHL and to query this issue deemed impossible, basically they just reroute you on their website till you are tired and confused.

I did query this with R2-Bike support on friday, waiting on a reply from them.

Do I have any other means of at least retrieving my payment if this query goes nowhere? I paid with my MasterCard credit card. Or have anybody else had problems using R2-Bike or DHL?

Thanks.

Orders from Germany via DHL  are sometimes handled by Deutche post (which owns DHL) and the SA part is handled by the Post Office and you have to wait for them to clear and deliver.

With Covid, this may take some time. Personally I'd not order anything from abroad right now.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t mind waiting but the comment from DHL that the package was succesfully deliver (to someone else in the wrong country) made me worried. Will see if I get any reply from the shop.

Good day Neil

Some people do not have the time nor energy to read your whole post and therefore are making d**e of themselves commenting. So to assist you correctly, here is the Her Top comic you requested.

post-26304-0-63606400-1591168965_thumb.jpg

Appreciate all the replies! Still waiting on reply from R2-Bike but did get an auto reply that they’re crazy busy. Will have to be patient ????

I placed an order with R2-bike in Jan when I was in Germany. Really great service from them.

From what I can make out, it might have been delivered to the wrong person if Mr. Topp had already signed for it. Did you receive the email with all the shipping details when the order was dispatched?

Edited by Bondinator

Yes. Received R2 and DHL emails. Then the tracking on the DHL link indicated successful delivery and even a mention of “different person present”. Delivery was in Ottendorf it seems to a Mr Topp?

Edited by Neill71

Yes. Received R2 and DHL emails. Then the tracking on the DHL link indicated successful delivery and even a mention of “different person present”. Delivery was in Ottendorf it seems to a Mr Topp?

Ottendorf is also a DHL parcel hub

I have used R2 quite a bit but I have arranged for my own collection. DHK paket is basically the post which in Germany is efficient, here not so much.  And then of course it changes tracking number once here

I have generally had great service and have even had a refund once when my stuff didn't arrive

Sven or someone at support will usually respond quickly 

Good luck