Introducing Bike Hub Plus

Bike Hub Features

Good move, the concept is not too dissimilar to what other's have done, like VeloClub with Cycling Tips. Shows initiative and imagination to do this locally, there is a lot to offer.

The model of advertiser/sponsor supported revenue is limited and not really scaleable, at least not on it's own. And paywalls are difficult to implement with the danger of being counter to the ease of access to information.
But, nothing costs as much as 'free', more so now.
In an age of balancing expectation vs entitlement bills still need to be paid and people need to put food on the table. Which means an economically viable platform.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Face book groups - so many with headings of the same bike you have , or type of riding you do and so on. So much more info if you need. Bike hub is great but I will not pot for a hub.

to all the people complaining.

I like to pay for the things that add value to my life. Bikehub adds a lot of value for me. Its social without being facebook, encourages me to exercise, connects me to likeminded people and gives me a place to vent and destress.

R350 a year to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE a business that gives me all of that - cheap.

I also love that Admin's philosophy is not to take things away from the free users, its to add extra functionality for a price. So to all of you complaining, stop it. NOTHING has been taken away from you. Buying in is a choice.

As soon as I am back at work and earning 100% salary, count me in. Unfortunately, until then I will have to stay as a "free loader".

I am sure Matt will accept other forms of payment...

I finally found my credit card and became a plus member.

As I doubt the comments in classifieds are coming back the only reason I became a plus member was to keep up with Patch.

With all those pubs he's been going to, you're likely faaaaar ahead of him. ????

to all the people complaining.

I like to pay for the things that add value to my life. Bikehub adds a lot of value for me. Its social without being facebook, encourages me to exercise, connects me to likeminded people and gives me a place to vent and destress.

R350 a year to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE a business that gives me all of that - cheap.

I also love that Admin's philosophy is not to take things away from the free users, its to add extra functionality for a price. So to all of you complaining, stop it. NOTHING has been taken away from you. Buying in is a choice.

This seems difficult for some to grasp

Give back what?

Exactly, it should be the other way around. Forums like these won't exist without users and their input. But I guess if you feel that you need pay a sub out of gratitude then go ahead.

Edited by Mudsimus

You read/study your market's needs. By enabling comments in classified for Plus members, the subscription rate would've probably been 10 fold what it is currently.

I actually can't.. 

'How dare they charge me a fee for something I don't have and allow me to keep what I already have for free!!!'

The cheek of these people... honestly!

Yoh... How do some people actually function if they can't grasp the most basic principles? 

I actually can't.. 

'How dare they charge me a fee for something I don't have and allow me to keep what I already have for free!!!'

The cheek of these people... honestly!

Yoh... How do some people actually function if they can't grasp the most basic principles? 

What some people don't seem to grasp is that:

If you are not paying for something, then it is most likely that you yourself is the product being sold.... (Facebook, Cambridge Analytica)

So even if you aren't paying directly, you are giving something up.

What some people don't seem to grasp is that:

If you are not paying for something, then it is most likely that you yourself is the product being sold.... (Facebook, Cambridge Analytica)

So even if you aren't paying directly, you are giving something up.

Most people who are internet savy are aware that we give our data and also as part of that we get targeted ads, usually based on your last couple of internet searches.  It's the price we are prepared to pay for use of such services for free.

However, even if through a paywall, you cannot guarantee your data and information is not being used, even if you are given the option to opt out.

man how quickly that yellow border makes me judge people on a binary scale.

I'm trying not to, I'm normally the guy who wants to get stuff for free.

so to be fair, i made a freeloaders profile pic.

post-1830-0-68453300-1591346854.png

To licence use of this, please pay R10 per month into my paypal account

paypal.com/shebeenrocks

Any chance of adding a direct EFT payment option.. I don't have a credit card and won't accept my debit card[emoji2368]

I'm having the same problem... I don't think payfast accepts debit cards