Introducing Bike Hub Plus

Bike Hub Features

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have to ride with a mask if we plus members?

BikeHub Branded masks with a yellow seamĀ  :whistling:

Edited by ouzo

• 2 months later...

Recently I've noticed that when viewing hub forums while not logged in from my PC, that the login button on the top right of the screen is no longer available and I have to go to the home screen to login

Ā 

I thought this might be because my browser was recently updated to Micosoft Edge recently, but the same also happens from Mozilla Firefox

Ā 

Screen shot of the top right corner showing the login button does not display and even the create account button does not display correctly

Ā 

EDIT: Cannot attach screen shot in this forumĀ 

Recently I've noticed that when viewing hub forums while not logged in from my PC, that the login button on the top right of the screen is no longer available and I have to go to the home screen to login

Ā 

I thought this might be because my browser was recently updated to Micosoft Edge recently, but the same also happens from Mozilla Firefox

Ā 

Screen shot of the top right corner showing the login button does not display and even the create account button does not display correctly

Ā 

EDIT: Cannot attach screen shot in this forumĀ 

Hi SwissVan,

Ā 

It should be sorted now. There was a styling issue that pushed these buttons off screen in some browsers.

Ā 

Let me know if you still have trouble.

"And the ads to match the hub"

Come on dude, who wants ads?

I for one never asked for a premium site with developers needing to get paid for it.

Ā 

When did your vision change Matt, that this thing you created needed to be commercialized?

Ā 

How dare you try and make some money out of something that youā€™ve built over a number of years? Next youā€™ll say that you somehow have the desire to feed and clothe your family, you naughty naughty man.

Hi SwissVan,

Ā 

It should be sorted now. There was a styling issue that pushed these buttons off screen in some browsers.

Ā 

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Ā 

Hi Matt

All good nowĀ  :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Would I see this advert as a BikeHubĀ®ā„¢ Premium Plus Member?

Ā 

I picked up a sidewall cut on yesterday's ride, and was given a mushroom plug when we got home to salvage my tyre. As I use Tapatalk 99.999% of the time, I don't see any adverts on that platform, but the 0.001% I'm on the web version, I see this advert pop-up and think... how ironic (and I wasn't looking for any puncture repair stuff, so it's not in my browsing history).

Ā 

post-1372-0-50092300-1601912397_thumb.png

Ā 

I picked up a sidewall cut on yesterday's ride, and was given a mushroom plug when we got home to salvage my tyre. As I use Tapatalk 99.999% of the time, I don't see any adverts on that platform, but the 0.001% I'm on the web version, I see this advert pop-up and think... how ironic (and I wasn't looking for any puncture repair stuff, so it's not in my browsing history).

Ā 

attachicon.gifBikehub Premium.PNG

Ā 

That specific advert, no, you would not see it. I believe that it is coming from Stan's in America through the Google ad network which we block by default on Plus.

Ā 

What you would see are adverts that we've negotiated directly with local South African distributors and brands. These too can be turned off but they are usually fairly relevant.

Im still seeing sponsored ads in the classified feed when viewing on the mobile site. See the attached pic of the Ridesmart Lights as the current example. It does however seem to change daily. Is there anyway to turn this off completely, as my settings are set to show no ads?

post-133-0-18692800-1601915658_thumb.jpg

That specific advert, no, you would not see it. I believe that it is coming from Stan's in America through the Google ad network which we block by default on Plus.

Ā 

What you would see are adverts that we've negotiated directly with local South African distributors and brands. These too can be turned off but they are usually fairly relevant.

Thanks Nick, though I would normally ignore the ads, this specific one caught my eye and would not have known about it had it not been there... I guess it's a case of hit and miss.

Im still seeing sponsored ads in the classified feed when viewing on the mobile site. See the attached pic of the Ridesmart Lights as the current example. It does however seem to change daily. Is there anyway to turn this off completely, as my settings are set to show no ads?

Our apologies, this is a bug that crept in when we moved some ad placements around a week ago. We'll fix this ASAP.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

attachicon.gifBikehub Premium.PNG

If it makes you feel better I saved the ride of a guy on a gravel bike who had a nice hole in his tyre and had a failed DART repair. ..... I used my cheap as chips bacon strips on his tyre and got him rolling away in very short order.

Ā 

He had some choice words RE the dart.

Ā 

Ā 

Our apologies, this is a bug that crept in when we moved some ad placements around a week ago. We'll fix this ASAP.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

This has been fixed now. Please let us know if you have any issues, but now all ads should respect your "Hide all" setting.

Ā