Centurion in-city mtb routes

Ezra

Hi guys,

I haven't been in centurion long. I come from Blormfontein where you could cycle +- 30km and end up at a nice view. 

I find that it's different in Centurion. I have to make an event of it and either go to Big Red Barn or Wolwespruit etc. It feels like I am confined to the city streets during the week. And as a mountain biker, that sucks.

Are there any nice (and safe) mtb routes one can give a go before or after work without having to load my bike in my car?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I haven't been in centurion long. I come from Blormfontein where you could cycle +- 30km and end up at a nice view. 

I find that it's different in Centurion. I have to make an event of it and either go to Big Red Barn or Wolwespruit etc. It feels like I am confined to the city streets during the week. And as a mountain biker, that sucks.

Are there any nice (and safe) mtb routes one can give a go before or after work without having to load my bike in my car?

Thanks

Yeah it is a problem there is a big "veld" with alot of trials that me and my dad made opposite the zwartkop golf estate at the malboer pub (cnr of ashwood drive and the M10) you can also try the zwartkop rondo

Yeah it is a problem there is a big "veld" with alot of trials that me and my dad made opposite the zwartkop golf estate at the malboer pub (cnr of ashwood drive and the M10) you can also try the zwartkop rondo

This is 2km from my house and there is about 9km of trails in there. in mornings 7-10 on weekends it looks like a race in there with all the walkers, runners, dogs and cyclists. Earlier this year there was a hijacking there, so I would go in a group if outside busy times. 

Depends on where you stay exactly. I used to stay at Eco Park Estate, and I could do a 80% off-road ride to BRB and back and clock 75km. Will try draw a map and place here....

This is 2km from my house and there is about 9km of trails in there. in mornings 7-10 on weekends it looks like a race in there with all the walkers, runners, dogs and cyclists. Earlier this year there was a hijacking there, so I would go in a group if outside busy times. 

From which side do you enter (Ashwood or the M10)?  Or are the routes multi-directional? A pin drop on google maps for a start point will be great  :whistling:  

Ashwood, close to clubview side(not malboer side). I am going Friday afternoon 4:15 ish if you want to join

Lehan, ever has any issues with elements in the veld?

Ashwood, close to clubview side(not malboer side). I am going Friday afternoon 4:15 ish if you want to join

Thanks, if I am not working I will join you.  :thumbup:

Where do you stay?

There is 'Philip's Rondo' and some other (minor) tracks.

Just be careful to go via the field around the little hill from Irene to PvR.

Hi Pieter, thanks. I'll check it out. I stay in Highveld close to the spar/capitol craft shopping centre.

Thanks Lehan, I'll definitely go check it out!