Centurion in-city mtb routes

Ezra

This is 2km from my house and there is about 9km of trails in there. in mornings 7-10 on weekends it looks like a race in there with all the walkers, runners, dogs and cyclists. Earlier this year there was a hijacking there, so I would go in a group if outside busy times. 

Thanks ou, I'll go check it out

Depends on where you stay exactly. I used to stay at Eco Park Estate, and I could do a 80% off-road ride to BRB and back and clock 75km. Will try draw a map and place here....

Thanks man, I would appreciate it. I stay in Highveld.

Hi Pieter, thanks. I'll check it out. I stay in Highveld close to the spar/capitol craft shopping centre.

I am just across the N1 from you.   Not much in our area, Wolwespruit and Groenkloof is a bit far away for a jolly before work. I have seen riders in the fields on the way to Midstream but I haven't checked it out.  Smuts house area might be an option but at a stage Irene and surrounds were quite a hot spot.

Ashwood, close to clubview side(not malboer side). I am going Friday afternoon 4:15 ish if you want to join

Hi, I am working late today and won't be able to make it, but will definitely join you a next time.

There are actually many gravel or dirt sections next to the road in many areas in Centurion. so much so that on a ride I can probably do 40 km with very little tar road interaction.  A few quick ones that come to mind

- next to the road Old Johannesburg road - this section stretches quite far and even has a little bit of a "bushveld feel" in certain sections (like the area between Hendrik Verwoerd and Ruimte)

- next to the road Hendrik Verwoerd, all the way from Old Jhb to Rooihuiskraal.

- next to the road Rooihuiskraal road

- the portion shown earlier in the thread around Zwartkops

I've found its great to ride with other locals that have lived in Centurion for a while as everytime we discover something new...it is important to know where the more common danger areas are though so you can avoid them...again, local knowledge is good in this regard.