Red Hydraulic Brake Hoses (or any non-black colour for that matter)

gemmerbal

I'm looking to buy red hydraulic brake hoses, but finding anything other than black ones is quite a task. Jagwire seems to pop up frequently but from what I can tell, Cape Cycles (the official agent according to the Jagwire webste) dont have it on their website.

https://jagwire.com/products/hydraulic-hose/mountain-pro-hydraulic-hose

Ive seen some generic hydraulic brake hoses on Aliexpress but the shipping is like 8 times what Id be paying for a couple of meters of hose.

Ebay has Jagwire, but wont ship that specific item to SA (might try the Aramex route if all else fails)

Shop4za has it, but Im not familiar with their site, anyone here have any experience dealing with them?

https://www.shop4za.com/cycling/jagwire-mountain-pro-hydraulic-hose-red?gclid=cj0kcqjwln32brccarisadz-j4t5db3dfxi6wotrhtp0pwkz0tkxdc6qgiyi8gcrywr9ofxfda3iptwaakckealw_wcb

Any thoughts??

I'm looking to buy red hydraulic brake hoses, but finding anything other than black ones is quite a task. Jagwire seems to pop up frequently but from what I can tell, Cape Cycles (the official agent according to the Jagwire webste) dont have it on their website.

Ive seen some generic hydraulic brake hoses on Aliexpress but the shipping is like 8 times what Id be paying for a couple of meters of hose.

Ebay has Jagwire, but wont ship that specific item to SA (might try the Aramex route if all else fails)

Shop4za has it, but Im not familiar with their site, anyone here have any experience dealing with them?

https://www.shop4za.com/cycling/jagwire-mountain-pro-hydraulic-hose-red?gclid=cj0kcqjwln32brccarisadz-j4t5db3dfxi6wotrhtp0pwkz0tkxdc6qgiyi8gcrywr9ofxfda3iptwaakckealw_wcb

Any thoughts??

Have you tried a normal industrial Hydraulic company, you would need to supply the sample though.

I know that Paragon import Quaxar hosing in all shades of colour. You can buy a it in a kit with 3m and all relevant fittings.

It isn't cheap, but it also isn't massively expensive.

I saw some silver braided jagwire hoses and fittings at BikeMob the other day, so I'm guessing they could probably get some Jagwire on Back order?

Your best bet is to chat to a shop who are willing to actually find out for you. You can definitely get though. 

Edited by Jewbacca

Like Jewbacca says check out paragontech.co.za and get your lbs to order, as they don't sell direct.

Any thoughts??

It'snot o their website because its not a direct to consumer product. You can order it through your LBS. Comes in a kit. 

Back in the day we were all gaga over BF Goodridge brake hoses. They outlasted bikes. I probably have lengths lying in a box somewhere but the fitting are for Shimano M966/965 XTR brakes

Have you tried a normal industrial Hydraulic company, you would need to supply the sample though.

Nope, tried this route before, they dont have hose or fittings that small, at least not the place I tried

Thanks Jewbacca! I will give them a try!

I know that Paragon import Quaxar hosing in all shades of colour. You can buy a it in a kit with 3m and all relevant fittings.

It isn't cheap, but it also isn't massively expensive.

I saw some silver braided jagwire hoses and fittings at BikeMob the other day, so I'm guessing they could probably get some Jagwire on Back order?

Your best bet is to chat to a shop who are willing to actually find out for you. You can definitely get though. 

You remind me, I bought Goodridge brake lines for my Ninja a few years back when I still rode. I think I might still have the guy's number somewhere...

It'snot o their website because its not a direct to consumer product. You can order it through your LBS. Comes in a kit. 

Back in the day we were all gaga over BF Goodridge brake hoses. They outlasted bikes. I probably have lengths lying in a box somewhere but the fitting are for Shimano M966/965 XTR brakes

You remind me, I bought Goodridge brake lines for my Ninja a few years back when I still rode. I think I might still have the guy's number somewhere...

Please share number. My nearest hydraulic shop has identical to Shimano hose in measurements and is very high pressure at 630 bar at R 140 per meter. Not sure if they have it in red.

Edited by Transporter

Just spoke to his office, he will call me back with a price. (Dave - 021 854 6331)

Please share number. My nearest hydraulic shop has identical to Shimano hose in measurements and is very high pressure at 630 bar at R 140 per meter. Not sure if they have it in red.