Online shop recommendations SA

RomP

Online has gone down hill for a number of online bike stores that were usually problem free with super quick delivery.

Frustrating waiting for weeks on feedback for items purchased that state "available".

Summit is always a safe bet!

I am yet to try Summit Bikes and some others as I still have a shopping list... the following shops need to check their service levels as I tried purchasing items from them and either got no reply or late replies more than a week later simply stating no stock.

Hotspot Cycles

Bikemob

Bike Addict

not sure I would try buying there again.

Edited by keithbe

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Online has gone down hill for a number of online bike stores that were usually problem free with super quick delivery.

Frustrating waiting for weeks on feedback for items purchased that state "available".

Summit is always a safe bet!

this is not restricted to SA - worldwide inventory levels are a $h1tshow.  I am building a bike at the moment and have battled to track down a specific fork which I finally found at jensonusa.com.  I called them to make sure they had the fork and the guy told me for sure, but shipping would be 2-3 weeks.  I placed the order and paid, and today i got a "sorry, out of stock, we hope to have it by end of Jan 21". Now to try to get my $$ back is going to be fun

you are lucky

I've been waiting since Feb for them to get back to me with a quote/price

Sorry dude, when last did you pick up the phone and call them?

Not defending them, but **** happens and if you don't call it will stay in the ether.

I have never used them befor, just commenting on what happens in the real world.

Sorry dude, when last did you pick up the phone and call them?

Not defending them, but **** happens and if you don't call it will stay in the ether.

I have never used them befor, just commenting on what happens in the real world.

this was via their online quoting system, a few whatsapps and a phone call

so ja, that's what happens in the real world. 

If a business elects to do business a certain way, they should at least try and use their own system. they are an ONLINE shop after all

so put your handbag away and go ride your bike

this was via their online quoting system, a few whatsapps and a phone call

so ja, that's what happens in the real world. 

If a business elects to do business a certain way, they should at least try and use their own system. they are an ONLINE shop after all

so put your handbag away and go ride your bike

Agree, yes COVID has affected global supply but I can assure you imports into SA is back to its pre covid status - im in the shipping industry.

Supply from factories to get to full production to meet the global backlog might be the factor but rest of the world went back to production prior to SA so they should be in some sort of recovery by now.

Fully agree - if you choose to go online then you need to keep due diligence and either update your website accordingly and respond within 24-48hrs to email queries to ensure customer retention.