Boost Chainring 3mm or 6mm?

lyslexic

Hi

I currently have a 32t chainring and want to swap out for a 34t chainring. 

I am a bit confused about which chainring to buy as I see they come in 3mm or 6mm.

This is the crank that is currently on the bike:

SRAM NX, Boost, direct-mount X-Sync

The chainring just says: SRAM 32T Eagle technology x-sync 2 (no info about 0mm or 3mm or 6mm)

and it is a NX 1x12

Also, would I need a longer chain?

Both Copperhead and Dirtypot are right. 3mm offset for a boost bike but be sure to check if your chain is long enough to accommodate the bigger chainring :thumbup:

Thanks guys

will check chain length and get the 3mm.

This is just to accommodate the current amount of tar / pavement riding i'm doing. have seem to run out of gears. 

If the chain is short, might leave it and use not use the 50T in the back as i will prob need to go back to 32t to climb up the hills on the gravel. but if i do get fitter then will add the extra 2 links. That was the reason for the question.

Thanks guys

will check chain length and get the 3mm.

This is just to accommodate the current amount of tar / pavement riding i'm doing. have seem to run out of gears.

If the chain is short, might leave it and use not use the 50T in the back as i will prob need to go back to 32t to climb up the hills on the gravel. but if i do get fitter then will add the extra 2 links. That was the reason for the question.

Carefully check the back of your current chainring almost all of the newer direct mount chainrings have 3mm/6mm printed somewhere

Both Copperhead and Dirtypot are right. 3mm offset for a boost bike but be sure to check if your chain is long enough to accommodate the bigger chainring :thumbup:

Good idea in general to replace the chainring when you replace the chain. That is unless the chainring has very low mileage.