What else do I require to get up and running on Rouvy/Zwift

I should receive my Snap 2 within the next couple of weeks and want to know what other hardware I require.

Currently have:

Laptop - HP Pavilion i5 Win10 (with built in bluetooth)

Suunto Smart sensor heart rate belt

Will my Suunto HR belt work or do I need to purchase the Wahoo Tickr Belt?

Will the built-in bluetooth on the laptop connect to the Snap2 or do I need to buy a USB Ant+ dongle

The Kickr will connect over bluetooth, so you're sorted there

The Suunto HR belt is (I think) Ant+ only? In which case you'd need the Ant stick. Check device markings?

If you want a cadence reading you'd need a cadence sensor. Bluetooth or Ant+ are available - especially if you've just bought and Ant+ stick for your HR belt.

Also useful are:

a fan

a stand or small table to put everything on. particularly if you want to be able to reach the device from your bike.

something to protect the floor (2m of vinyl flooring from builders maybe)

Thanks.

I'm not too concerned about the stand, mat etc, but more about the HRM.

I guess I'll have to see what does or doesn't work and take it from there.

Thanks.

If you can't see specs on the Suunto then download Rouvy and try pairing the HRM?

Hijack mode on:

And how would the answers differ if I use a Garmin to record and Garmin HR monitor and cadence sensor which as far as I know only uses Bluetooth with a Kickr?

Oh, does a Samsung phone that is ANT+ enabled of any use ?

Hijack mode on:

And how would the answers differ if I use a Garmin to record and Garmin HR monitor and cadence sensor which as far as I know only uses Bluetooth with a Kickr?

Oh, does a Samsung phone that is ANT+ enabled of any use ?

I use Ant+ to connect my Samsung phone, (tainerroad in on my phone) Garmin 820 and heart rate belt to connect to my smart trainer (Elite) and it works very well. I've also used my Samsung tablet which has Ant+ built in.

Downloaded Rouvy onto my laptop and my Suunto HRM was recognized via Bluetooth.

So just a cadence sensor to get.

Thanks.

After a few years of Zwifting. In order of concern for me is

1. Fan

2. Fan

3. Fan

4. Kickr

5. You get the message ... :-)

Which fan do you guys use? Would a 70 kW floor fan provide sufficient cooling?

I find 2 smaller fans more effective. One blowing low and one high. More surface area.

• 1 month later...

So the Snap 2 didn't work out so now I'm looking at a wheel - off trainer.

Wahoo Kickr Core

Elite Suito

Tacx Flux S

They all have their pros and cons but I can't make my mind up.

I wouldn't use the 11 spd cassette on the Suito, so that isn't really a pro for the Suito.

Recommendations?

What happened regards to the Snap 2?

Did it not arrive...little over a month or less since your 1st mention of Snap 2 and now you looking for direct drive IDT?

What happened regards to the Snap 2?

Did it not arrive...little over a month or less since your 1st mention of Snap 2 and now you looking for direct drive IDT?

The online store pre-sold without confirming with the supplier and I got tired of waiting.

If I'm going to get a smart IDT, I might as well do it properly.

Edited by Thug

The online store pre-sold without confirming with the supplier and I got tired of waiting.

If I'm going to get a smart IDT, I might as well do it properly.

Pre-sold...sounds like a move from CWC/Cyclelab.

Anyway, goodluck in finding the right IDT for you.

Wahoo Kickr Core

Elite Suito

Tacx Flux S

I wouldn't use the 11 spd cassette on the Suito, so that isn't really a pro for the Suito.

Recommendations?

Wahoo Kickr Core

Elite Suito

Tacx Flux S

Recommendations?

Coming off a TACX trainer i went with the Kickr Core, don't know why other than everyone was going the Kickr route - Aside from their tech issues the local support is 10/10 which for me is key when deciding on a product - TACX works great but their support is somewhat lacking.

If you going the Laptop Win10 route - Just get an ANT+ dongle and connect everything with ANT+

WIN10 & BT will give you lots of gray hair - For some reason every time Win 10 does a security upgrade it changes the settings in the built in BT and switches off the BT radio - you need to then go into regedit and change the settings to get it working again. 

If you use TR on WIN 10 then download the Beta version it seems to have less bugs than the normal version - it has a lot more functionality than the phone or tablet app. I have 2 laptops - on 1 it picks up both BT & ANT+ on the other it only sees ANT+ - both are configured exactly the same.

On ZWIFT & WIN 10 it seems okay, but is confusing as it indicates no signal detected but when you select pair in connect devise both BT & ANT will run - But if you have any other device like a phone or tablet in the vicinity with BT on that is trying to connect to your device at the same time then it becomes a problem - so you need to make sure these have BT switched off.