Cycling bib vs shorts?

I have started out as a rider, doing average 30-40km per day indoor on my trainer. But my pants seem to be a problem. I do not have a guide or measuring system to determine the best qualities to look for

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hein’

Bibs are best.

The straps secures the position of the chamois insert and feels better as you create friction with your legs.

Shorts move all over the place and create eina rub on the skin.

Don’t wear underwear as it is not designed for comfort and the stitching can create issues. Read about chamois cream too. It will feel weird at first on your chassis ????

There are lots of threads here about bibs. Check it out.

The contact points (saddle, pedals and handlebars and your body position / bike fit) are very important.

The longer and more often you ride, the more comfort you’ll need and that’s where a good bibshorts are integral to a lekka experience.

Sterkte. ✌????

Bibs for sure.!

Which exactly is personal preference, and budget dependent.

Anatomic has a sale currently so could possibly still pick up a good deal there. (been running for a while so stock may be an issue)

Bibs over shorts, for sure. But lately I’ve found that no chamois at all is actually more comfortable, for me. Just jocks and riding shorts without the insert. But that’s only if your saddle is right for you.

That’s on rides of all duration. 30 min to multiple hours. But if you want the chamois, get bibs.

Bibs over shorts, for sure. But lately I’ve found that no chamois at all is actually more comfortable, for me. Just jocks and riding shorts without the insert. But that’s only if your saddle is right for you.

That’s on rides of all duration. 30 min to multiple hours. But if you want the chamois, get bibs.

have you taken up triathlon....?

have you taken up triathlon....?

Try athlon, yeah.

But no. I just found bibs got me extra sweaty in that department and from a comfort perspective a pair of jocks after a few hours (even at my pace) is more bearable than with a chamois. YMMV, but that’s my experience and several of my riding buddies are the same.

I wanted to say shorts, but I might be feeling left out here.

For what are actually still short rides my vote is also for shorts - especially for indoors only.  Already difficult enough to stay cool when riding indoors.

For what are actually still short rides my vote is also for shorts - especially for indoors only. Already difficult enough to stay cool when riding indoors.

I do 100km+ rides in shorts.

For what are actually still short rides my vote is also for shorts - especially for indoors only. Already difficult enough to stay cool when riding indoors.

. Well, I only have shorts to ride in. In theory, the bibs should be better, but I don't want more things over my chest and shoulders. How do you pee and poop?

Maybe I should try a good quality bib.

How do you pee and poop?

LOL ... you do that at home.

Or you pull a Dumoulin. :D

Edited by Thomo

. Well, I only have shorts to ride in. In theory, the bibs should be better, but I don't want more things over my chest and shoulders. How do you pee and poop?

Maybe I should try a good quality bib.

I didnt like the idea of bibs until I tried them.

The difference in comfort was pretty huge for me. I used to still use shorts on the indoor trainer but really didnt like them after having used bibs.

Try athlon, yeah.

But no. I just found bibs got me extra sweaty in that department and from a comfort perspective a pair of jocks after a few hours (even at my pace) is more bearable than with a chamois. YMMV, but that’s my experience and several of my riding buddies are the same.

fair enough