Lumos Ultra

wernerhp

I've been using a Lumos Helmet
for the over 4 years and can really recommend it. It's a innovative helmet with built in LED lighting including indicators! Check out their latest helmet, the Lumos Ultra, on Kickstarter.

bb1e9296d284e96989657ddbf1cc1f7e_origina

f6c95bdaf3acfeb302599631c439e1f9_origina

Edited by wernerhp

A great improvement from V1.0. I backed it when they launched a few weeks ago. I see they hit over million dollars in near record time.

You did not mention the price of this helmet .I attached a R130.00 led rear light to my old Rudy Project helmet which works like  a charm for night riding  ..As for indicators  in my view this is not necessary..I  

Must admit, I didn't think too much of the Lumos helmet, until I was given one as a birthday present a few years back... 

Now it is my go to helmet for early morning riding and when I commute to work.. Even rode the Epic with it!

They are definitely worth every cent, and to be able to indicate in traffic is a bonus (I'm not an Audi or BMW driver so I still know what the little orange lights are used for!).

I think Brights Hardware have the franchise for them in SA.

Tom

There is some video. I will see if I can find it!

Hey Tom I would have paid to watch you go down some tricky ascents with the hazard lights on...

Found one of us going up Dead Man's. 

Tom

Hey Tom I would have paid to watch you go down some tricky ascents with the hazard lights on...