Concealed or specialized tool storage

Hairy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything that has potential of getting dusty and making noises while riding don,t appeal to me .Now if i could hide a weapon of mass destruction and detonate it remotely in there ,i might be interested 

Anyone using any of these and do they stay in and how easy to remove, when needed?

Ive got the crank based tool. It works very well. The snap ring that fits into the crank does rust very quickly but the tool stays put. Its not fallen out since I got it in Feb.It has all the allen keys I need for my bike.

The tools are long enough to get into tights spots despite the Lefty creating some tricky spots to get a tool into.

Always like a product that you install with a rubber mallet :)

Edit ... these look rather decent .. do you have a rough indication on pricing at all?

CLUTCH-FORK-CORE-STORAGE-600000048-8.jpg

Edited by Hairy

Anything that has potential of getting dusty and making noises while riding don,t appeal to me .Now if i could hide a weapon of mass destruction and detonate it remotely in there ,i might be interested 

the spez steerer one is spring loaded ( quite a heavy spring ) so i don't see it making much noise 

Ive got the crank based tool. It works very well. The snap ring that fits into the crank does rust very quickly but the tool stays put. Its not fallen out since I got it in Feb.It has all the allen keys I need for my bike.

The tools are long enough to get into tights spots despite the Lefty creating some tricky spots to get a tool into.

Unfortunately I have a Raceface crankset :(

Expensive, but the OneUp EDC tool + masterlink tool and plug kit in steerer, and a OneUp pump with CO2 inside is probably the best spend I've ever made on my bike. I have one tool that I just slip into the headtube of whatever bike I'm using that day.

It is quiet, and beautifully made. I would buy it again any day of the week.

Unfortunately I have a Raceface crankset :(

Is that one where both crank arms are bolted to the axle ?

Always like a product that you install with a rubber mallet :)

Edit ... these look rather decent .. do you have a rough indication on pricing at all?

CLUTCH-FORK-CORE-STORAGE-600000048-8.jpg

The crank based tool is R1100 I believe. I got a discount on mine so I paid less. The tools bits are high quality though so it should last quite well

The CO 2 doesn't fit into my headtube, well it can when I decide to tackle the problem but I' haven't bought the CO2 holder yet nor the bar end plugs because I have other tools for those functions in the saddle bag

Edited by DieselnDust