Convert 15mm Thru axle hub to QR

Greybeard

I have a wheel with a Hope rear hub 15mm Thru axle that I would like to convert to take a Quick release system. Are there adapters that will enable this? What are the important criteria for this.

I have a wheel with a Hope rear hub 15mm Thru axle that I would like to convert to take a Quick release system. Are there adapters that will enable this? What are the important criteria for this.

Hi Greybeard.. If it's on the rear it's 12mm... What model Hope Hub is it?

QR end caps are super easy to get hold of. You LBS might even have some in an old spares box or can order from International Trade.

But I think pro2, pro2evo and pro4 all take the same end caps for the rear....

Edited by EddieV

QR end caps are super easy to get hold of. You LBS might even have some in an old spares box or can order from International Trade.

Thanks, you are quite right it is 12mm, Vernier problem. I will sout around.

Thanks, you are quite right it is 12mm, Vernier problem. I will sout around.

I have a set I would offer you but I need them for a little upgrade I'm doing on the mini velo.

Which is why I reckon your LBS might have an old set lying around.

I would also place a wanted ad in the classifieds. Like me, I'm sure there are people with a spares bin of unused/obsolete parts.

I just swapped a QR set for a 12mm set yesterday. As Jewbacca says, speak to your lbs and they can order from Custom Bikes, the local Hope agents.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, are all these adapters the same? Found a set of thru axle wheels that will work well for a build I am busy with but my frame and fork are QR

Hey guys, are all these adapters the same? Found a set of thru axle wheels that will work well for a build I am busy with but my frame and fork are QR

No, they are hub dependant, so you need to get what is compatible with the hubs

K@k advice.

If it's not a Hope converter, you're probably steering the OP down the wrong path with bad info.

Hope QR end-caps work with Hope hubs

It wasn't for the op. If you bothered to read two posts up you’d understand lol. He was asking if the there was sych a thing as a universal converter kit. And as i also said....it probably wont work regardless ????

post-64325-0-42270300-1612725210_thumb.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

Thanks, it is for a set of Fulcrum wheels, but no one is getting back to me on whether or not they can get adapters for them

You can buy something like this - worked for me just fine for a while (eventually I changed the hub to a Hope option, not related to the adapter performance)

Amazon.com : Lixada MTB Bike QR Adapter 12mm to 9mm Thru Axle Hub Quick Release 100/135/142/148mm Mountain Bicycle Front Wheel Hub Adapter : Sports & Outdoors

Edited by 100Tours